Libre training course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucyr

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Has anyone done the libre training course (not the libre academy you work through in your own time but a real time group course)?

What did it involve and is it as I’m guessing, going to be a waste of time for someone who has used it a lot?

Crucially, how did getting libre on prescription get sorted out if you had to go on a course as part of it? I haven’t had a letter following my hospital appointment yet, normally there would be one advising of the request to prescribe anything new.

I’m wondering if attendance at the course triggers the prescription request? I only have the one trial libre sensor which I’ll start at the course on Wednesday.

Has anyone done the libre training course (not the libre academy you work through in your own time but a real time group course)?

What did it involve and is it as I’m guessing, going to be a waste of time for someone who has used it a lot?

Crucially, how did getting libre on prescription get sorted out if you had to go on a course as part of it? I haven’t had a letter following my hospital appointment yet, normally there would be one advising of the request to prescribe anything new.

I’m wondering if attendance at the course triggers the prescription request? I only have the one trial libre sensor which I’ll start at the course on Wednesday.
I had to do an online webinar thing, run jointly by Abbott and Oxford Hospital. It lasted a couple of hours, and didn’t tell me anything I didn’t already know, but it was worth it to get the prescription and be able to stop forking out privately. We had to keep ticking a box on the screen, to make sure we were all still paying attention. I think at the end of it, they said we would get our paperwork through in the following few days, and we had to sign stuff to say we’d use it responsibly, and there was a form to hand to our GP to do the prescription, which I had to download and print out. I seem to remember I still had to chase the secretary at the hospital who was dealing with new Libre prescriptions. That was a couple of years ago, though.

Thanks Robin it sounds similar as it is jointly run, and the information on prescriptions (and ticking the box) is the only reason I’m doing it too! Hope they just send us something to give to the GP too!

When i got my libre it was like a couple of hours with others in the clinic and they got us to insert our first libre and set up our phones with somone there to help
When i went onto dexcom i bought a supply myself first so, as i had already been using it, there was no training. Dexcom is a bit trickier to set up but, like libre, after you have done one its all good

When i got my libre it was like a couple of hours with others in the clinic and they got us to insert our first libre and set up our phones with somone there to help
That's what I had, too (I think most were already wearing one). With about 10 minutes or so filling in the form (back then there were conditions for getting it prescribed, so we had to agree to those).

I got my first Libre on a trial from the hospital. It was a really new thing that you couldn't buy at the time.
We had training of 90 minutes or so where we were shown how to use the Reader (I don't think LibreLink existed) and apply a sensor. Then there were tips about accuracy and how to keep it in place.

The course sounded like yours @Robin. It went through various info and videos (all available online) and with lots of questions to click the answer to (about whether you understood not an exam) to prove you were still listening. You didn’t see or hear anyone or have any indication of who else was attending but you could type out questions if you have any.

You had the option to apply the sensor if you wanted to, or to do it later on.

Afterwards a letter will be posted to our GP asking them to prescribe the sensors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back