Libre signal loss alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciderman22

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The app continual tells me signal lost and all settings appear OK. Don't know what's happening?

Are you within 20 foot of your phone when you have high/low alarms turned on? Otherwise the bluetooth for alarms can’t reach the phone/reader

Are you within 20 foot of your phone when you have high/low alarms turned on? Otherwise the bluetooth for alarms can’t reach the phone/reader
Yes, right next to me.
Don't usually have this issue, though downloaded Diabox app and that had same issues so removed for the moment.

That sounds like a bluetooth issue. Do other devices like speakers, headphones, handsfree, operate correctly while connected to Bluetooth?

That sounds like a bluetooth issue. Do other devices like speakers, headphones, handsfree, operate correctly while connected to Bluetooth?
Hi, yes everything else connects OK which is what's confusing. Cleared cache, turned on/off etc

Could be a problem with the Bluetooth on your sensor.
Is your sensor definitely a Libre 2 or were you incorrectly given a Libre 1?

Alternatively, if you have no problem with other Bluetooth devices, is it possible you have too many connected to your phone.
Mine works fine with 3 devices connected but becomes less stable when I connect a 4th device.

Could be a problem with the Bluetooth on your sensor.
Is your sensor definitely a Libre 2 or were you incorrectly given a Libre 1?

Alternatively, if you have no problem with other Bluetooth devices, is it possible you have too many connected to your phone.
Mine works fine with 3 devices connected but becomes less stable when I connect a 4th device.
Thanks for tips, though still not working. Definitely Libre 2

My current sensor isn't providing alarms, being read direct from my android phone. I spoke with Abbott earlier this week about my prev sensor which abruptly failed after 9 days, which they are replacing. Then mentioned about current sensor being well high and not providing alarms. He got me to look at the event log: 3 dots on top right, Help, Event Log (6 down). There are a series of Scan Errors, code 335 and he concluded the sensor was faulty and that would also be replaced.

I'm not convinced that is the real problem, since I invariably get Scan Errors - yet the alarm is fine. But I'm content to take the extra replaced sensor and move on. I get a red exclamation mark top left and message telling me Alarms only available when I start FS L2 with this device, which I did.

The good news was that both replacements arrived today after phone call on 26 April. I'm unhappy about the level of L2 unreliability, but the back up service is vg.

Have my signal loss alarm turned off anyway, have done since day 1 as alarm was annoying. Both high & low alarms work perfectly fine without it working.

Thanks both, still have issues so will try other ways as Diabox connection still dropping as well

If you do get a simple resolution to your Diabox problem, I'd be pleased to know what you did. I've been without my Diabox for some weeks now. Because of a phone prob I had to uninstall and reinstall Diabox and the replacement app simply won't open. The loss of true CGM is remarkably frustrating!

If you do get a simple resolution to your Diabox problem, I'd be pleased to know what you did. I've been without my Diabox for some weeks now. Because of a phone prob I had to uninstall and reinstall Diabox and the replacement app simply won't open. The loss of true CGM is remarkably frustrating!
Hi, I downloaded an earlier version of Diabox a couple of days ago which appears to be working better, apart from a few lost connections that connect back to the sensor quickly.
Fingers crossed this continues as can live with this.

Sounds like the latest diabox updates are causing the problems. If older software works, resist the urge to upgrade to the latest release.
I use xDrip, there are regular 'nightly' releases, which I avoid, installing only the 'latest stable' version.

Hi, I downloaded an earlier version of Diabox a couple of days ago which appears to be working better, apart from a few lost connections that connect back to the sensor quickly.
Fingers crossed this continues as can live with this.
Thanks @Ciderman22 . Could you please let me know which version you have that is working, albeit with some lost connections. Thanks.

Thanks @Ciderman22 . Could you please let me know which version you have that is working, albeit with some lost connections. Thanks.
I spoke too soon. I've lost connection multiple times today!
Anyway I've attached a link to all the ones you can download so you can try as I think I'm going to have to try another one. I'm not on Facebook otherwise would try the Diabox group for ideas.

The app continual tells me signal lost and all settings appear OK. Don't know what's happening?
Is it your bluetooth setting? If you turn it off on your phone or you are nowhere near your phone you will lose your signal. Or do you have an older phone and is the bluetooth dropping out?

I have never really experienced signal loss notification unless i have been out of range, however yesterday i upgraded my iphone to the new iphone 14 pro max and since then have received the signal loss notification too many times to mention in the last 24 hours dispite the phone being on my person all the time, even got several signal losses during the night with phone at my bedside which i have never experienced before. I iwll speak to Abbott when they are back after the BH weekend, but i am guessing it could be to do with the bluetooth tech in the sensor that is not compatible with the most upto date tech in a new iphone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back