Libre sensor lasting longer than 14 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

khskel

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I mentioned this in the 7 day waking average thread.

Has anyone else had a sensor that lasted more than 14 days with the official app.

I activated a new sensor in the USA 16 days ago and it's still going strong and will allegedly expire tomorrow. Checked with finger pricks and it seems to be as accurate as before.

Never ever happened to me.

Might it be because you have crossed time zones twice? The West coast is 8 hours behind us.

I mentioned this in the 7 day waking average thread.

Has anyone else had a sensor that lasted more than 14 days with the official app.

I activated a new sensor in the USA 16 days ago and it's still going strong and will allegedly expire tomorrow. Checked with finger pricks and it seems to be as accurate as before.
carries on working for 2 or 3 days longer with the shuggah app too

I vaguely remember that the sensors in US work for different lengths of time than those provided/sold over here, but that may have been with Libre 1.

According to Libre Link, my trial sensor will expire in six hours. Exactly 14 days to the hour since I activated it.

iirc: the early Libre1 devices would work for longer, but it was variable quite how much longer (I seem to recall being amazed at an extra day, I don't think there was much more than that though). There was then a run where they would apparently keep working beyond the 14 days, but would repeat the readings of the last 6/12 (I don't recall) hours rather than giving new data. This either happened at dead on 14 days or at 14.5.

I must admit I never took any specific notes, though I could probably dig though old data if anyone is interested in specifics.

I've not tried with a current libre2 sensor as I always get around to changing it at some point before the 14.5 day mark just to ensure I have something working and hopefully "bedded in" before I want to go for a decent bike ride.

After reading this post the other day i thought id see how long after 14 days and i got 9hrs with libre2 on xdrip .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back