libre sensor error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugarcoated

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
My libre sensor upgraded to the new constant reading without needing to scan. And its been great but tonight for some reason, I've got a grey screen that says sensor error with three lines. Its been like this for over 45mins. I tried scanning but it says unavailable for 10 mins but nothing is happening.
I dont want to reinstall it again as it proved difficult last time & i have no way of checking blood sugars as only lanclets i have are month out of date due to GP refusing to prescribe them as I'm having a libre.
I might have to use the lanclets. They shouldbe ok to use, right?

I'm shocked. You need a way of testing blood sugars even if you have a libre- libre instructions says a finger prick is needed for treatment decisions. I assume thats what you mean when you say lancets? I think of lancets as the spikey thing you use to get blood to test with you blood sugar monitor and test strips
I would use them, if stored sensibly they should still be fine, and tell your gp you NEED test strips...

Try turning your phone off and on again that sometimes fixes things

And tell your GP that it’s illegal to drive without also carrying a fingerprick monitor with you so you need the strips on prescription

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back