Libre sensor 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CARolie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello recently when i apply my libre sensor I have the problem with attachment protruding from the back of sensor so i cannot use it and have to destroy. Is anyone else having issues ?

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your Libre sensors. Can you explain what the attachment is/looks like? Really struggling to imagine what it could be unless it is the introducer needle which somehow isn't retracting back into the applicator.

Are you reporting these issues to Abbott laboratories helpline and getting replacement sensors. If not, then please do so, firstly because the NHS should not be funding faulty equipment and secondly, the manufacturer needs to know about these malfunctioning items.

Hello recently when i apply my libre sensor I have the problem with attachment protruding from the back of sensor so i cannot use it and have to destroy. Is anyone else having issues ?
Hello, do you mean the “hole punch” sharpie from the applicator?

You may need to read the instructions very carefully to get the Libre 2 sensor to apply properly.
As suggested by @rebrascora, discussing with the Abbott helpline what you are doing and why it doesn't work might be the next step.

I have always had very rapid replacement sensors from Abbott when I have had a problem with a sensor

Do you mean before you apply the sensor, when you look inside the assembled applicator you can see a big needle protruding from the back of the sensor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back