Libre scanner quiks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fagor

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I've had my Libre 1 for about four months, and had a few incidents.
One is scanner doesn't seem to accept input, usually when inputting carbs and units (twice in last week)
Other is failure to go back up a level when pressing "Ok" - the same screen repeats (again twice in last week)
Get round by pressing "Home" or that well know fix for all things digital - power-cycle.
These are sightly annoying at present levels.
Any other Libre users have any issues?

Both my readers can be unresponsive to touch at times but as I only use it for testing ketones these days it doesn't really bother me, have you tried calibrating the screen and that? If not I'd give Abbott a call

I've applied for the upgraded 2 reader as I received a letter and requested an early switch to Libre 2 and that was one of the things I had to do, it's currently sat in the post office as OH forgot to get it when he was in yesterday 🙄
xx

Hi. I suggest contacting Abbott by phone if you can, I have found them very helpful.

My first Libre1 reader became unresponsive after a while, and Abbott were happy to replace it.

Had new meter for 4 weeks now.
Only "down arrow" on e.g. browsing event log, seems to work, no response on the "up" arrow, get round by pressing "home" button.
And trying to input BI units after a scan is a bit random as to whether it will open the units screen.
These are just mildly annoying, so unless anything else stops working, I'll probably stick with this for now.
Maybe I'm just unlucky.

My arrows were OK yesterday - currently counting down for a new sensor so can't check this minute. I don't use it to keep a record of insulin as I'm on a pump - but what do you mean when you say BI? Bolus Insulin? (cos to me, it stands for Business Interruption insurance!)

BI - Background Insulin (Levemir)(I can never remember if BI is bolus or basal - another of those things I just can't get right).

Just done a self-test of the scanner, and the screen response test was very iffy. Of the twelve regions, 10 were almost alway Ok. Only managed to get region 2 (up arrow) to respond once, and region 7 (BI units) didn't always respond.
More likely to contact Abbott again. Will I get a gold star for most scanners in a year?

My new sensor has failed so I can't say anything. Emailed em to report it. Two failed within a month ........

Contacted Abbott today, touchscreen test showed two zones with no or minimal responses, another zone intermitent (possibly getting worse).
If get a new scanner, will do self-test after set-up.

New scanner delivered today, unexpected (thanks to good service (as aways) by our postpeople) as no eMail from Abbott when dispatched.
Passed self-test, will start using when current sensor expires in about 10 days.
Hopefully this one is better than first two.

Been using new scanner for a few days. Input of BI now difficult as scanner won't respond. Seemed familiar...ran self-test and the same two zones that failed on previous scanner now fail on new scanner. Am I the only one inputting QA & BI units? Or am I unlucky - maybe Abbott have a bad batch of scanners. I did change the dose increments from 1 to 0.5 as using up a demi-pen.
And I checked - I am using the new scanner, so I did return the correct one.
Haven't yet decided whether to mither Abbott again for a new scanner, or just let them know or just continue with this one.

And I did get an eMail from Abbott saying scanner had been dispatched - two days after scanner arrived.

Third Libre1 scanner issues resolved.
I'm been upgraded to Libre2 as part of all T1s' being upgraded in our area. It looks more useful, esp alarms.
So went onto replacement scanner portal and my request got rejected, possibly because I was on my third Libre1 scanner in nine months.
Had a LiveChat, gave a brief explanation to their helpful agent, and now have a Libre2 scanner in their system, expected in a few days.
Hope it's better than Libre1...

Third Libre1 scanner issues resolved.
I'm been upgraded to Libre2 as part of all T1s' being upgraded in our area. It looks more useful, esp alarms.
So went onto replacement scanner portal and my request got rejected, possibly because I was on my third Libre1 scanner in nine months.
Had a LiveChat, gave a brief explanation to their helpful agent, and now have a Libre2 scanner in their system, expected in a few days.
Hope it's better than Libre1...
In my experience it needs charging more frequently than the Libre 1 reader.

@grovesy. Thanks for that. I only charged Libre1 for a about 2-3hrs per week. But Libre2 is probably more active as monitoring for alarms, so I'll watch out for that. Don't want to go too low...
Seems a bit like the Aviva Xpert which seemed to gobble AAAs with alarms on.

Been using Libre2 scanner for a week. More of the same issues...

Difficult to "Dismiss" alarm on the screen, have to use "Home" button most times.
Zone 3 is intermittent, so recording units and carbs is a pain. It works better if I use my thumb and press harder (usually use index finger).
Think there might be a bit of "bounce" altering units, value sometimes flickers and changes by more than one, and in the wrong direction.
Scanner self test indicates Zone 3 intermittent, often needs a firm press. Trying different fingers doesn't seem to help much.

Haven't contacted Abbott yet. This is my fourth meter in 9 months, all had some faults. I might be on their naughty list as my Libre2 upgrade request was rejected online - either scanner already been replaced or max number of replacements sent. I did get Libre2 after a short WebChat.

Am I the only one who doesn't seem to get on with scanners?

Things are getting worse ...

Have to eMail Abbott again.

Self-test failed three times, subsequently Ok.
Dismiss alarm function seldom works.
Power-cycle after an alarm as no icons work
Zone 3 frequently fails to respond to a light tap, other zones Ok
Plus some other minor quirks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back