Libre reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichelleF78

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Morning guys,

I had posted about my libre alarms not working on the app, and I have now received the reader from Abbott. Can I use both the phone and the reader before I fit my new sensor tomorrow?

As always many thanks.

Michelle

If you start the sensor with the phone you can only use the phone and the reader will only tell you that the sensor is already in use.

If you start your next sensor with the reader, you can only get alarms on the reader but can use the phone to scan

If you start the sensor with the phone you can only use the phone and the reader will only tell you that the sensor is already in use.

If you start your next sensor with the reader, you can only get alarms on the reader but can use the phone to scan
Many thanks just wanted to make sure.

Morning guys,

I had posted about my libre alarms not working on the app, and I have now received the reader from Abbott. Can I use both the phone and the reader before I fit my new sensor tomorrow?

As always many thanks.

Michelle

Libre have new software for app, my alarms stopped working but uninstalled it then downloaded it again on playstore, that was on Thursday & all alarms are working again.

Libre have new software for app, my alarms stopped working but uninstalled it then downloaded it again on playstore, that was on Thursday & all alarms are working again.
Thanks but I have an iPhone and there’s never been an update to the app. Abbott told me there’s no issue with iPhone users but mines have never worked.

Not true can only get alarms on which device you start with, but can do readings on both.

Not true can only get alarms on which device you start with, but can do readings on both.
Are you sure? When the phone app first came out, if you wanted to use the reader as well, you had to start it with the reader and then scan the phone, but if you started the sensor with the phone first, it would not accept the reader at all.
I always use the reader so I have never tested this to see if it has changed.

I use the reader and the phone but always use the reader to start.

I use the reader and the phone but always use the reader to start.
Yes, which is what @Lily123 said. If you do it that way around you can use both, but the alarms only work on the reader (the device you used to initialise it). You can instead start with your phone and get alarms on the phone, but then you can't use the reader.

(Actually if you use Juggluco on your phone you can start the sensor with the reader, then scan with LibreLink on your phone (which'll allow scanning with that) and then scan with Juggluco which'll steal the alarms. Then you get alarms (from Juggluco) on your phone but can scan with both.)

Yes, which is what @Lily123 said. If you do it that way around you can use both, but the alarms only work on the reader (the device you used to initialise it). You can instead start with your phone and get alarms on the phone, but then you can't use the reader.

(Actually if you use Juggluco on your phone you can start the sensor with the reader, then scan with LibreLink on your phone (which'll allow scanning with that) and then scan with Juggluco which'll steal the alarms. Then you get alarms (from Juggluco) on your phone but can scan with both.)
And this is the same with Diabox : reader first to keep it in play, then phone and if Diabox is already in place it provides real time CGM on my android phone with a great array of alarms to choose from. LibreView is kept up to date by LibreLink and the reader provides quick and easy reference readings when sometimes having the phone out is just a nuisance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back