Libre protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charl

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Any links as to where I can get some type of cover ,strap to cover my libre, off on me holidays soon so will be slapping on the suncream, seen about them on another post but can't find it. Cheers

I got mine off ebay. It is a 3D printed open watch face with an adjustable elastic strap. I am sure if you do a search for Libre arm strap on ebay or probably Amazon you will find them. They come in a range of colour options from skin tone to bright neons

I use these:

Not the X ones or the clear ones but the regular patches. I don’t use the SknGlu either.

They do trial packs so you can sample the different types you’re interested in.

I would try and get something clear plastic vs the ones like fabric plasters (so water and creams don't soak into it and you can wipe off any rogue blobs of suncream).
Normally I would also suggest ones with cutous for the sensor but maybe for hols, covered one(s) would be good.

I put a new sensor on this morning. And a new patch over the top. Of course I screwed up applying the patch so it was off again in a few minutes. Thankfully the sensor is doing fine.

They're not always as simple to apply as they first appear so try a variety and see what works best for you and your needs.

I got mine off ebay. It is a 3D printed open watch face with an adjustable elastic strap. I am sure if you do a search for Libre arm strap on ebay or probably Amazon you will find them. They come in a range of colour options from skin tone to bright neons

Did they come with a complimentary 12.5g bag of Haribos? 😉

Same as Rebrascora I bought 2 of the 3D printed open watch face elastic strap arm bands, If I remember correctly the chap making them did so to help his mother who is diabetic enjoy her swimming sessions for an extended period without the problem of the sensor lifting away from her arm .I THINK THIS COULD BE HIS e mail -info@redrook3d.com www.redrook3d.com/shop .He also produces a range of plasters which you insert a white plastic disc into the centre of the plaster before applying , I find these a bit tricky to apply so prefer the elasticated strap instead .

If you clean the area thouroughly and use an alcohol wipe before you apply sun cream, the Libre sensor, when applied corectly should not need any kind of strap or cover to keep it in place. When appliying sun screen it shouldn't be too difficult to avoid dobbing on the sensor, but even if you do just wipe it with a tissue or some such. Enjoy yopur holiday

If you clean the area thouroughly and use an alcohol wipe before you apply sun cream, the Libre sensor, when applied corectly should not need any kind of strap or cover to keep it in place. When appliying sun screen it shouldn't be too difficult to avoid dobbing on the sensor, but even if you do just wipe it with a tissue or some such. Enjoy yopur holiday
For info @foxhaven I am not going on holiday ,not applying sun screen, I just posted a reply to the question from @ Charl about some device to cover the libre sensor.

Only ever had couple drop off & was using libre device for years, just about since it came out here in UK.

Found as long as you cleaned skin with alcohol wipes then allow to dry before application it stayed put, but tbh surprised Abbott don't do a overpatch, changed to Dexcom several weeks back & they send them out with order free of charge.

For me, the secret to keeping a sensor on is to make sure it is on a flat, unflexing part of the arm.
May seem obvious (but it wasn't to me at first) but, because the sensor does not bend, if I place it on a part of my arm that flexes (e.g. on my bicep), even if just a small flex, the sensor will start to come unstuck as I use my arm for every day activities. OK, every day activities for me include climbing but for most people this could be picking up the kettle, hanging out the laundry, ...
Once I had got the hang of placement for movement, my next arch-nemesis was the bra strap. Eventually, awareness and habit overcame that.
I have not lost a sensor (and do not use any firm of sensor protection) for a couple of years. And that has been through hot summers, low baths and sweaty exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back