Libre prescription under review -who responsible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tdm

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
I have a msg against my libre 2 prescription on NHS app saying i can't order more until the px has been reviewed.
I was with diabetes clinic A, who i was unhappy with. I asked for referal elsewhere from my Gp, and am now under clinic B. They are better. I removed clinic As access to the libre readings when i got referal to clinic B.
Clinic B are happy with my libre use. They say they did not put the review block on.
Who is responsible for taking this 'needs reveiw' block from my libre 2 px?
(I hope to move to dexcom in jan gods willing and I have 3 months worth libre in so not too urgent but not sure who resolves this)

Gp surgery responsible, even though you don't need sensors it's still worth ringing to find out why they put block on, you wouldn't want it happening again with other prescription items.

Reactions: Tdm
Gp surgery responsible, even though you don't need sensors it's still worth ringing to find out why they put block on, you wouldn't want it happening again with other prescription items.
Thanks, hard to tell with so many people/organisations involved.

Gp receptionist says they stop px every 6 months 'to ensure i still need px'. Because, of course, my pancreas may spontaneously start working again. I am to expect it every 6 months (despite it not happened in fill year since diagnosed). No wonder gps haven't time is they are reviewing if a T1 still needs insulin!

My hospital DSN wrote to my GP to add the Libre to my repeat prescriptions and said just to contact her if ever there was any issue around getting repeats, so might be worth going that route?

I did contact my DSN first by email and i think she did something.... but i am not sure she did enough to sort it. It msy take a bit for the app to sort itself out.
And i wasn't sure if it may be the harbringer of an incoming dexcom. I find it hard to know who is responsible for what and they don't really explain it. Never had an ongoing px before all this.
I do wonder how people who are more
vulnerable deal with the system.

I did contact my DSN first by email and i think she did something.... but i am not sure she did enough to sort it. It msy take a bit for the app to sort itself out.
And i wasn't sure if it may be the harbringer of an incoming dexcom. I find it hard to know who is responsible for what and they don't really explain it. Never had an ongoing px before all this.
I do wonder how people who are more
vulnerable deal with the system.
Hopefully it means you’re going to get the Dexcom added to your repeats instead of the Libre. I agree with you, the whole “system” is very fractured and I wonder how anyone copes, let alone people who are vulnerable. My father is in his 90s and worked in computing for most of his working life and happily uses his PC to order shopping, etc. but now struggles to handle changes to systems and just downright badly written webpages with horribly convoluted journeys through checkout!

have a msg against my libre 2 prescription on NHS app saying i can't order more until the px has been reviewed.
This is normal just ring up or email them to renew the prescription for you.
The same message appears on my prescription requests every 6 months so all I do Is either ring or email in to ask for further repeats.

Hope i get a dexcom. It stated by my saying i'd heard yhe libre 3 is more accurate but thats not a goer, apparently. But dexcom may be. Not sure of the 'coffin' shape though - libre looks less 'medical' but if it gives me a good night sleep it will be worth it!

Hope i get a dexcom. It stated by my saying i'd heard yhe libre 3 is more accurate but thats not a goer, apparently. But dexcom may be. Not sure of the 'coffin' shape though - libre looks less 'medical' but if it gives me a good night sleep it will be worth it!
If it's the Dexcom 1 you are after then just point out it's £10 less than the Libre 🙂

If it's the Dexcom 1 you are after then just point out it's £10 less than the Libre 🙂
That would be a sensible argument, but this is the nhs....
I think its dexcom 6...not sure why as don't have (want, need or qualify) for a pump - isn't the dexcom 1 intended for MDI users and 6 for pumpers? Well, anyway, it looks like 6 is what they do around here
Not convinced I'll get it, though it would be nice to not have to scan and perhaps get the graph on a smart watch. Main thing is the ability to sleep. I'd turn alarm off but i have pretty much zero hypo awareness (and pretty much zero hypos- none in last month touch wood) so can't rely on them waking me up.

I think its dexcom 6...not sure why as don't have (want, need or qualify) for a pump - isn't the dexcom 1 intended for MDI users and 6 for pumpers?
I don't think it's a sharp distinction, but the One doesn't link with pumps so it would be of less value. The One has significant (somewhat arbitrary) limitations compared to the Dexcom G6 (no watch support, no predictive alarms, no following by other people) so someone on MDI might still get value from a G6.

I'd like the ability to link to a watch but thats a bit of a luxury...but if they're offering i'm not quibbling. Probably have to get a new phone but my current one was a cheapy (my first smartphne- thank goodness i got it before diagnosis, it v helpful, as a libre reader, to do nhs app, and the timer is excellent for letting you know when prebolus time is up.
And, if i have to have diabetes may as well have some cool tech to go with it...plus you do look a bit odd scanning your arm, and then it doesn't scan til 3rd attempt....and i scan SO many times a day.
Am looking forward to it but probably won't get it

I'd like the ability to link to a watch but thats a bit of a luxury...but if they're offering i'm not quibbling. Probably have to get a new phone but my current one was a cheapy (my first smartphne- thank goodness i got it before diagnosis, it v helpful, as a libre reader, to do nhs app, and the timer is excellent for letting you know when prebolus time is up.
And, if i have to have diabetes may as well have some cool tech to go with it...plus you do look a bit odd scanning your arm, and then it doesn't scan til 3rd attempt....and i scan SO many times a day.
Am looking forward to it but probably won't get it
Have you thought about trying the Shuggah app which will allow you to see BG readings every minute on the app or Apple watch without having to scan the Libre? (Not sure if you are an Apple user or not?)

Will look into that thanks

You could also try Diabox and G Watch if you have a Samsung watch. I used it until this week when I was switched to Dexcom. I can't carry my phone at work so I used to use the Libre scanner throughout the day, I had to spend £60 to get the Dexcom scanner for work.

Ha ha! Was told to leave a msg on an answerpjone to get px 'unsuspended'. Did this, which worked, but they have also ordered the stuff...don't actually need it! Will just add to my diabetes horde.
Apart from the libre which i can't order til jan (presumably to stop me flogging them) so i have to phone them again jan

Ffs..they want me to contact the surgery to arrange a px review. Which i did. Last week. And they told me i had to leave a msg on tjeir answerphone machine. What a waste of my and their time! They are not in charge of my meds, why the heck do they need to review them?

Gp receptionist says they stop px every 6 months 'to ensure i still need px'. Because, of course, my pancreas may spontaneously start working again. I am to expect it every 6 months (despite it not happened in fill year since diagnosed). No wonder gps haven't time is they are reviewing if a T1 still needs insulin!
Oh, believe me, it could be worse! ... In my area, they don't do automatic repeat prescriptions for anything, even for six months. Every single time I need, for example, more insulin pen needles-- I have to email my GP surgery and the GP has to review it before issuing the prescription.

Seriously. I checked-- because, like Tdm, I never had an ongoing prescription before T1D descended on me, and nobody explained to me how repeat prescriptions worked. I tried a couple of pharmacies, and both pharmacists told me automatic repeat prescriptions were stopped in this area a couple of years ago, because 'they [whoever 'they' are, presumably the local CCG?] decided GPs should have more contact with their patients.'...

For crying out loud ... Not only the excellent point made by Tdm, but also-- what do they think I'm going to do? Order more insulin pen needles than I need so I can flog them on street corners? For addicts to use with their heroin pens? ....

Precisely which idiots thought it was a good idea to make GPs do totally unnecessary work when record numbers of GPs are cracking up and/or quitting?? ... Anyway, Tdm, hope you get everything sorted out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back