Libre on holiday

MitchJ

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi all,
I have to take a libre patch with me to put on when I'm away on holiday. Does anyone know if this has to go in hand luggage or hold luggage?
Thanks in advance

I don’t know particularly about the Libre but I always include all my diabetes paraphernalia in my hand luggage. I never want to risk it getting stuck or redirected and not arriving at the destination.
I have carried a few Libre in hand luggage. I leave them in the bag to go through security. They have never been queried and always work fine afterwards.

Hi all,
I have to take a libre patch with me to put on when I'm away on holiday. Does anyone know if this has to go in hand luggage or hold luggage?
Thanks in advance
If you want to make sure it arrives put it in your hand luggage. Assume that anything in your hold luggage is at risk of not arriving.

Hi all,
Thanks in advance
Hi,

Wear it? Put on before, lasts 2 weeks.

What about taking a spare in case one fails?
Or if you still have more than a week left on your current one and going away for two weeks?
So my current one will run out while I'm on holiday and need to take a replact

I was told not to go through the scanners with my Libre. I always give my spare one plus insulin and ice pack to a member of security who scans it separately and returns it to me when I collect my bag

Back