Not open for further replies.

Fagor

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
My Bgs have been a bit high, so did some comparison with blood checks

Neo 7.2 10.4 10.2 9.1
Libre 10.2 13.1 12.3 11.6

Diff 3.0 2.7 2.1 2.5

Any opinions on whether these differences justify request for a new sensor?

Sensor has been on for 4 days

Thanks,
J

To be honest, I never trust my Libre when it reports anything over about 9mmol/l.
I always double check this with a finger prick because sensors are not calibrated to be accurate at those levels.
If it was out by 2 mmol/l or more when my levels were in the 5s or 6s, I would be concerned and request a replacement.

The other thing to consider is whether your levels are changing direction when you took a reading. Interstitial fluid reads about 15 minutes behind bg. Libre algorithm attempts to overcome this delay by extrapolating the current trend. If the trend changes direction in that 15 minutes, Libre will not know and over shoots

Hello J, @Fagor, I would phone and ask.

The differential is far from ideal, but just about manageable, when you know your sensor is consistently reading high. I get this a lot, my body doesn't seem to like Libre, but I stick with it even though my Libre stats for time in range are ragged! I rely on the trend arrows, accept that my readings are high and finger prick whenever I bolus - using the test result for calculating any correction if necessary. I am assuming each of your comparisons are being made when the trend is level.

Sometimes the differential is the other way round and then its not so manageable; the low alarm in particular is constantly alerting, even though I am nowhere near hypo. Under those circumstances I phone and push for a replacement.

eMailed Abbott Fri am, sent more info Fri pm, new sensor is in for dispatch Sat am. Result!🙂 just probably got my usual problem of packaging up the sensor for return.
One possible reason for high readings is QA injection sites, might raise another post about them.

Got new sensors as had none left, so going to change early. This one is showing higher than blood even when low, just lost confidence in the sensor. Will monitor next one more closely.

Got new sensors as had none left, so going to change early. This one is showing higher than blood even when low, just lost confidence in the sensor. Will monitor next one more closely.

Glad you were able to get a replacement via the email address - the historically the phone line has been thought to be by far the more reliable and speedier method of contact so it’s good that you’ve got a prompt reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back