Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacen017

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi guys,

I've been using the Libre 2 for about 4 days now and the readings are very different from my fingerprick.

I understand that the reader is behind because it doesn't measure the blood but the low alarm is constantly going off. When I test I'm usually about 2mmol higher than what it says.

Is this normal? I want the low alarm to wake me at night if I'm going low but it's becoming a bit tedious that it wakes me saying I'm hypo when I'm actually above 5mmol.

I don't think it's to do with how I'm sleeping as it does it during the day as well.

Is this 2mmol variance a normal thing?

This was yesterday.

Screenshot_20220119-222927489.jpg

Some people find Libre is a bit erratic for the first couple of days after inserting (I insert mine 48 hours before activating for that reason) but 4 days after inserting, it should be more accurate. So, no, that is not normal.
In your position, I would call Abbott and report it as a dodgy sensor. They are usually pretty good at replacing faulty ones.

Thanks Helli!

They are sending a new one out.

They are less accurate when either high (Over 10) or low (Under say 4.5ish) but I have to say, the Libre 2 is generally more accurate than was the Libre 1, for me anyway. But having said that nowhere near accurate enough to base insulin dosing on personally.

Worth reporting sensor, find libre 2 very accurate, rarely bg test now just occasionally to check that sensor is within range.

Almost all of the sensors I have used, since I started using them in 2017, have been out by at least 1 or 2 in either direction. I don't mind as I use xdrip which I train with finger prick readings. The xdrip graph is much closer to finger readings and good enough to guide insulin dose.
What's xdrip?

Thanks Benny, the days are complicated enough for me as it is right now haha.

I'll look into it when I've got everything a bit more routine.

I had this all the time when I first started using them, no idea why, but touch wood the last 4 months or so have been bang on virtually every time. Silly question, but it is on your arm isn’t it? it’s just that tried it on my belly once, thought I was cured till i realised my belt has been squashing it and causing the low readings :rofl:

how much do they cost to run with strips etc please
Sorry, I don't understand your question.
Libre is a CGM which does not use test strips.
For the price of the Libre sensors, this is on their website.

It is recommended for someone with Type 1 to test highs and lows with test strips before correcting.

You can you the reader as a separate blood glucose monitor, I buy my strips from Amazon for around £12 for 50.

I had this all the time when I first started using them, no idea why, but touch wood the last 4 months or so have been bang on virtually every time. Silly question, but it is on your arm isn’t it? it’s just that tried it on my belly once, thought I was cured till i realised my belt has been squashing it and causing the low readings :rofl:
Yup, currently have one in both arms as the first is about to wear out. I can't believe it's already been 2 weeks!

Yup, currently have one in both arms as the first is about to wear out. I can't believe it's already been 2 weeks!
Honestly I had quite a few problems with mine initially, was always on here moaning about it… it works fantastic for me now, as long as I don’t catapult it off with my bra strap !

I use Libre 2 with Diabox which sends the BG reading to your phone Automatically every 5 minutes

from the Sensor.Screenshot_2022-01-27-19-21-22-889_com.outshineiot.diabox.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back