Libre freestyle MK2

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter poacher

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I am constantly having problems with short sensor life with Libre freestyle MK2. The last 2 failed after about 7 days usage. Is anyone else similarly suffering? I have contacted Abbott many times about this and have been told it is not my fault. I have given them several fault codes which seem to be different each time. I would like to know how widespread this problem is.

Hi and welcome.

Some people here on the forum have had massive issues with the Libre 2 when they managed fine with the original Libre. (@Kaylz will perhaps be able to give you her shocking failure stats). Other people seem to find Libre 2 brilliant and have no problems at all so it is very hit and miss it seems. I am still on the original Libre model and have refused an upgrade in case I fall into the unlucky category of people who have had significant problems with it. The original works brilliantly for me and I don't feel I need the alarms, so not worth the risk of the upgrade.

I'm wearing my 25th L2 sensor and have had 18 replaced and I haven't been using the L2 a full year yet, I had about 5 replacements of L1 over 2 years of using them, 1 of the 18 failed straight after the warm up period and the other 17 ended at various periods over the fortnight wear period xx

Welcome to the forum @peter poacher

There are definitely more people experiencing issues with L2 than L1.
However, there are also a lot more users and it is not human nature to start a campaign about how amazing something is.
So, yes, there are issues and as @Kaylz says, some people are really struggling with it.
But many of us find it fine - I have been using L2 for nearly a year and had not had to report any. They have all lasted the full 2 weeks, only one has fallen off (that was my fault so I didn't report it) and they have all been "accurate enough" (I use xDrip, along with other benefits - a topic that has been discussed in other threads so I won't go into here - I am able to calibrate).

This forum has a Search function (top right of the page) which will help you search for the other threads (and frustrations) on this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back