Libre - Findings and queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

berryr99

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I am having a very positive experience with Libre - on week 6 now.
Having been worried about the sensor sticking, the opposite is true - they stick too well !
Now I can see what is going on my time in range is increasing and I have stopped snacking "just in case" and have become braver with the amount of insulin taken
Query: the range is set at 3.8 to 10. Does anyone know why these figures are used - I'm guessing they may be "libre" range and not BS range - as Libre and BS don't measure the same substance.
I know to fingerstick for "odd" Libre readings but have got into the bad (?) habit of cross checking every Libre reading. How to get away from this ?

From my records I know that Libre is always over to a fingerstick test but not hugely so unless readings are very high or very low so probably need a bit of guidance on how to go forwards

Getting excellent GP support from the practice nurse who seems very switched on to Libre.

Robert

I am having a very positive experience with Libre - on week 6 now.
Having been worried about the sensor sticking, the opposite is true - they stick too well !
Now I can see what is going on my time in range is increasing and I have stopped snacking "just in case" and have become braver with the amount of insulin taken
Query: the range is set at 3.8 to 10. Does anyone know why these figures are used - I'm guessing they may be "libre" range and not BS range - as Libre and BS don't measure the same substance.
I know to fingerstick for "odd" Libre readings but have got into the bad (?) habit of cross checking every Libre reading. How to get away from this ?

From my records I know that Libre is always over to a fingerstick test but not hugely so unless readings are very high or very low so probably need a bit of guidance on how to go forwards

Getting excellent GP support from the practice nurse who seems very switched on to Libre.

Robert
Hi Robert. Glad your finding it a positive experience and hope that as your confidence in it grows, you'll need to finger prick less. I hardly ever finger orick now, only when my low glucose alarm goes off or I'm getting strange readings from a new sensor as sometimes a new sensor can give a false alarm when first applied. Comparative readings can be almost the same or a bit different as sensor measures interstitial fluid rather than blood so can lag behind a wee bit, but not enough to worry about. That's what ,I've found anyway. At first I was checking it all the time as it was quite a learning curve and it helped me to see what different foods did to BG. I love my sensor and can't imagine how people managed before. I'm much more relaxed now and don't watch it all the time. Good luck with it all .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back