Libre app keeps beeping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

freesia

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Since i downloaded a small update to libre on my phone, the app now beeps at me after i've either opened the app to check level or scanned. The beep comes with the message tap to open app. Its getting annoying. I've turned bluetooth on and off and same with the phone, still getting it. Anyone else having the problem?

Its usually as i close the app that the beep sounds.

Another iPhone update with a libre knock on. Has anyone told them?
I’m not updating the new version again until I really must. I have turned off auto updated which isn’t ideal for security but that fault recently really worried me actually so better this way

I'm getting it every time then when i close the app. I've tried turning off the phone and bluetooth so i think its definitely something to do with the app. Very annoying.

I'm getting it every time then when i close the app. I've tried turning off the phone and bluetooth so i think its definitely something to do with the app. Very annoying.
The libre app does beep if you turn off your Bluetooth or close the app, because it warns you that the alarms won’t work. You need to leave the app open in the background and Bluetooth switched on and phone switched on.

The libre app does beep if you turn off your Bluetooth or close the app, because it warns you that the alarms won’t work. You need to leave the app open in the background and Bluetooth switched on and phone switched on.
Thank you. I always have the app open in the background but its been since the latest app update that it beeps telling me to open the app either when i'm on it or doing something else

Hi all, just started using the libre app and had the same issue on android, alarms are all on and sensor not losing signal, it's just a random message to tap to open app. It can be triggered opening or jumping to another open app after viewing the libre app, but at times happens randomly.
I've emailed Abbott support and will update here if any solution.

Hi all, just started using the libre app and had the same issue on android, alarms are all on and sensor not losing signal, it's just a random message to tap to open app. It can be triggered opening or jumping to another open app after viewing the libre app, but at times happens randomly.
I've emailed Abbott support and will update here if any solution.
Just a random thought, are you keeping your phone near bank cards at all? Know that causes issues with the app thinking you’re trying to scan a novopen.

Just a random thought, are you keeping your phone near bank cards at all? Know that causes issues with the app thinking you’re trying to scan a novopen.
The app needs to be open to scan a Novopen. Unlike the Libre itself, which will open the librelink app for an update on any scan.
@freesia , do you have any of the alarms disabled on the Librelink app?

The app needs to be open to scan a Novopen. Unlike the Libre itself, which will open the librelink app for an update on any scan.
@freesia , do you have any of the alarms disabled on the Librelink app?
Only the signal loss alarm, because that one drives me up the wall if i go upstairs or into another room. Though having said that, the app also seems to lose signal when the phone is next to me.

Only the signal loss alarm, because that one drives me up the wall if i go upstairs or into another room. Though having said that, the app also seems to lose signal when the phone is next to me.
Have you got an icon like this, top left when the app is open?

20240328_235605.jpg

Sometimes, although the alarms still work. The app itself works ok, its just the annoying beep when i come out of it to do something else.

An update from Abbott below. They actually contacted me within an hour, but wanted to try a few things first.
As expected all the permissions are enabled, so last step is to reinstall the app which I’m holding back on. I do suspect it’s either an update to the os or app that’s the issue, I’m just trying to recall in the 3 weeks I’ve used it did the notification appear when starting and if either the app or so has been updated since then. I think the android is has, but not the app.
In order to solve the issue, kindly follow the steps below,

•Turn on Location Permissions for the FreeStyle LibreLink app.
• Android settings -> Apps & Notifications -> Browse to FreeStyle LibreLink -> Battery usage - unrestricted
• Android settings -> Apps & Notifications -> Browse to FreeStyle LibreLink -> Notification Allowed
• Android settings -> Apps & Notifications -> Browse to FreeStyle LibreLink -> Permission -> Nearby devices permission Allow
• Android settings ->Connections -> Blutooth and NFC - Allowed
• ???????Kindly Restart the smartphone

If the issue was not solved, please uninstall the Freestyle Librelink app from your device and re-install it

However, please be informed that deleting the Freestyle LibreLink and re-installing it again from the App Store, caused your data to be removed from the application. However, please be assured that you can still view your data on our Libreview website. Libreview is a cloud-based software that stores the data transferred from the Freestyle LibreLink application automatically as long as you have the internet on the phone.

An update from Abbott below. They actually contacted me within an hour, but wanted to try a few things first.
As expected all the permissions are enabled, so last step is to reinstall the app which I’m holding back on. I do suspect it’s either an update to the os or app that’s the issue, I’m just trying to recall in the 3 weeks I’ve used it did the notification appear when starting and if either the app or so has been updated since then. I think the android is has, but not the app.
Yes, i've tried all of those. I'm not uninstalling the app because of an annoying beep. Hopefully, the next update will fix any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back