Libre alarms

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichelleF78

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Hi can anyone please help with libre 2 alarms? They just don’t work. I have tried everything to no avail. The app has never has any updates and I’ve had it for 4/5 weeks. I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max.

I am worried!

Thanks

There has been a problem with the latest update to app. Alarms are not working on phones with android 13. Abbott have reported it to MHRA and are saying they are working on it. Do you have a reader you can start the sensor with? Alarms are working on the reader.

Alarms are not working on phones with android 13.
Not relevant for an iPhone, of course. I know people have complained about problems with alarms on iPhones but I don't know that there's a known general problem (or a solution, other than asking for a Reader to use instead for the alarms).

Thanks guys no idea what a reader is. Is this something that should come with the libre?

Thanks guys no idea what a reader is. Is this something that should come with the libre?
It's a glucose meter (can also use ketone test strips) which can also scan Libre 2.

It's the smaller blue device on this photo:
FSL2_homepage_feature.jpg
They used to sell them (and they used to be given out to people starting on Libre).

How frustrating for you @MichelleF78

Did the alarms work initially and have stopped? Or have they never worked?

With recent iOS changes you have to set which alarms are allowed to interrupt you, but I’m assuming you’ve gone through the standard troubleshooting steps.

Oh, and just checking… Is your Bluetooth on?

I suggest you contact Abbott they have been issuing them to people lately.
I find them very slow to get back to you. I am waiting on 2 sensors being replaces from last week but i will email and ask. Thank you

How frustrating for you @MichelleF78

Did the alarms work initially and have stopped? Or have they never worked?

With recent iOS changes you have to set which alarms are allowed to interrupt you, but I’m assuming you’ve gone through the standard troubleshooting steps.

Oh, and just checking… Is your Bluetooth on?
Hi @everydayupsanddowns yes Bluetooth enabled and alarms have never worked. This is my 4th or 5th sensor. I find abbot to be really slow getting back to you but I will ask for a reader. Thanks very much

I find them very slow to get back to you. I am waiting on 2 sensors being replaces from last week but i will email and ask. Thank you
I never email I always phone. I have found their delivery has got quicker my last couple hav been a few days from ordering, usedto be more like a week.

Hi @everydayupsanddowns yes Bluetooth enabled and alarms have never worked. This is my 4th or 5th sensor. I find abbot to be really slow getting back to you but I will ask for a reader. Thanks very much

I have heard that emails take a while to get a response. I always phoned them, and found the staff very helpful and prompt in dealing with whatever issue I was having 🙂

I have heard that emails take a while to get a response. I always phoned them, and found the staff very helpful and prompt in dealing with whatever issue I was having 🙂
Normally I always phone the helpline, but a week last Friday my call was too late so I used the website and followed the contact us link. I got an immediate auto response and the next Tuesday morning I got a text message telling me a replacement sensor was arriving mid-day; this was, of course, great news. I checked my emails and found nothing in my ori.ary inbox, but then discovered an email from Monday am had been hijacked by my Gmail account and put in the 'promotions' folder. So, overall, it was a deceptively speedy service - late Friday request, midday Tuesday delivery.

Reported two faulty sensors last Sunday by email and still no replacements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back