Libre Alarms - phone speaker and not bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattF

Relationship to Diabetes
Carer/Partner
Hi all,

My wife has recently got a libre 2 and generally has found it works well.

However, today we released that we missed a low glucose alarm in the car. It turns out that her phone (android) automatically connected to the car stereo using Bluetooth, but since audio in the car was off, we didn't hear it (i.e. the phone played it through Bluetooth but not on the phone speaker, but since the car stereo wasn't on, nothing made a sound).

Does anyone know if you can force libre 2 alarms to always come through the phone speaker, even when the phone is playing audio through Bluetooth? The same issue would presumably occur if you used Bluetooth headphones - if you take them off (but forget to turn them off) then the alarm is essentially silent. For now I've just unpaired her phone with the car, but this isn't ideal as means we can't then use it to take calls in the car.

I had a look in settings but couldn't see anything, and have googled it but can't seem to see anything. Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

Thanks

Matt

Any suggestions would be gratefully received!
A simple thing (which you may already have done) is turn on vibration as well as sound. That might not be enough, but it's an easy change.

To do more than that probably involves using some extra software (xDrip+, Juggluco, Diabox) some of which might work. (I now use a smartwatch with Juggluco, with no sound but just vibration: having my watch vibrate in a distinctive way works well. But the smartwatch wasn't cheap and installing everything isn't trivial.)

Sorry Bruce - I've just realised that I didn't reply to thank you for your message. Vibration certainly helps, although since she tends to keep her phone in her bag she often doesn't notice. I have been meaning to look at xDrip or something, but I'm nervous about messing with anything as it's her sensor and not mine!
Thanks again,

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back