Libre Alarms on iOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

pawprint91

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
In the past week or so, I’ve noticed my high/low alarms on Libre aren’t as efficient, and wondered if anyone else has had this problem?

Previously, if bg was high it would go off intermittently until bg came back down to range. Now it only seems to go off once, leading to being high for longer than is otherwise really necessary, as until I scan again I can’t see the result. This was just with the high alarm, but tonight this has happened with the low alarm too - it went off once and I treated and saw it had come back up to 4.1. I have literally been sitting on the sofa all evening so don’t feel unwell, but scanned again and found it had dipped back down with no repeating alarm, so I’ve been hypo for nearly an hour according to my graph :( have checked with a finger prick and was 3.6 (compared to the 3.1 libre told me).

Just wondering if anyone else had experienced this and if so, did you manage to fix it?

What’s your alarm set at? I found that my Libre alarm only went off after I’d been hypo and come up past the alarm then redropped.

It could be that the one telling you that you were fine was a false reading and you hadn’t come up?

That’s how it’s always worked, the alarm won’t go off again until after you’ve come back into the normal range and past the alarm level. You need to check with fingerpricks when you’re at the low end anyway, if libre is saying 4.1 don’t just trust that, check your finger.

That’s how it’s always worked, the alarm won’t go off again until after you’ve come back into the normal range and past the alarm level. You need to check with fingerpricks when you’re at the low end anyway, if libre is saying 4.1 don’t just trust that, check your finger.
Okay, that’s odd - the other night I stayed in the 3s and had 4 alarms in a row - my low alarm is set at 4.5 so never went above it. Perhaps it was wrong in that respect in the first place! Thanks for your reply, don’t think I was clear in my post above - I check with a finger prick too 🙂

What’s your alarm set at? I found that my Libre alarm only went off after I’d been hypo and come up past the alarm then redropped.

It could be that the one telling you that you were fine was a false reading and you hadn’t come up?
They’re set at 4.5 and 10.5 … it’s just odd because usually I get 2 or 3 in a row and now I only get the initial one!

Maybe it’s to do with an update to the app?

This was my initial thought too! Wonder if it’ll go back to how it was!

I never get any low alarms they have never worked. Get a random high one now and again. Had three sensors now and alarms have never worked

I never get any low alarms they have never worked. Get a random high one now and again. Had three sensors now and alarms have never worked
Might be worth asking Abbott on this one? They might have encountered others with the same problem and know how to fix it?

Definitely speak to your team or Abbott about this!! The low-glucose alarms are important; if yours don't seem to be working, definitely get that sorted out.

Unlikely to be the sensors. More likely to be an issue with your phone or more specifically the app, assuming you use the LibreLink app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back