Libre Alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aries

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I use a Samsung phone to scan my Libre Sensor and like some people am experiencing problems. Error scanning messages and no alarms. Has anyone tried using the Libre handset rather than their mobile having had these problems? Can you do this?

I use a Samsung phone to scan my Libre Sensor and like some people am experiencing problems. Error scanning messages and no alarms. Has anyone tried using the Libre handset rather than their mobile having had these problems? Can you do this?
Yes, you can receive alarms on a Freestyle Libre 2 Reader. In order to do so you have to start the Libre 2 sensor with the Libre 2 Reader.

A Libre 2 Reader will not provide alarms with a sensor that has been started by a mobile phone.

If you start your Libre 2 sensor with a Libre 2 Reader you can still use Freestyle Librelink on your mobile phone to scan the Libre 2 sensor and get glucose readings (but you won't receive alarms on the phone).

Abbott are still supposed to be working on a fix to resolve the issues some Android and some iPhone phone users are having receiving alarms and scanning with the Freestyle Librelink app.

I’ve got never ending problems with iPhone 12 handset and Libre 2 alarms.

I don’t trust it what so ever which doesn’t help the situation.

Always saying no signal, always says alarms not available, and alarms certainly don’t always go off.

I got Abbott to send me a Libre 2 reader because the alarms on my phone had stopped working. The reader alarms are working fine. 🙂

I got Abbott to send me a Libre 2 reader because the alarms on my phone had stopped working. The reader alarms are working fine. 🙂
Oh really? That’s handy to know, I might contact them then 🙂

Are you private paying or nhs?

I found the reader was easier to pick up the NFC than my iphone (which needed much more precision to find the antenna for a scan). The reader just needed waving vaguely in the direction of my arm!

The phone was convenient, had better data display, and meant carrying a bit less kit, bit I found the glitchiness of getting the NFC to find the sensor was too annoying, so tended to use the reader. You can use both phone and reader at the same time, but the alarms only sound on the device that activated the sensor first. 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back