Libre 3 vs libre 2 picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

curlygirl

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Just thought might be of interest if anyone wanted to see the libre 3 and libre 2 to compare size. The 3 is really little and thinner as well. I wondered how much smaller the 3 is before getting them so thought I'd take and share these for reference...

Attachments

• 20240122_080822.jpg
    20240122_080822.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20240122_081122.jpg
    20240122_081122.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 10
I find this quite frustrating as ever since the libre 2 became a CGM it did not work for me and gave me totally random and inaccurate readings so I have had to self fund a Dexcom G7 but I purchased a libre 3 online last week to see if it was any better than the 2 and it pretty much agrees to my Dexcom so is VASTLY superior for me than the 2 which I physically cannot use due to it effectively being a random number generator so I’m stuck paying nearly £1700 a year for a G7.

I do not understand Abbotts rationale for not even selling the 3 on their site so people can avail of the VAT exemption and are forced to pay full price from other resellers.

And Dexcom One didn't work you? I think Libre 2+ is coming, so if that replaces Libre 2 that might work.

That picture makes the Libre 2 look huge to me, though I don't think it is as big as it looks in the picture.

You can get them but it requires a real fight with your CCG. The Libre 3 isn't prescribed in the usual way. It is provisioned by hospitals through supply chain, meaning that the funding stream is completely different. Certainly where I am, Surrey Heartlands are absolutely against paying for medical devices for Type 1 diabetics. They are dragging their feet over everything.

We finally got my daughter onto Libre 3 just before Christmas. Now the fight is for Omnipod 5 which Surrey have decided is too expensive. Ironically, because Abbott are so secretive and weird, for Omnipod 5 we will have to switch to Dexcom 6.

It amazes me that Abbott seem to have so little marketing smarts. We were able to try a Dexcom 7 just by buying one. To try a Libre 3 I had to purchase one from the USA, have it shipped to a reshipping address then use an old jailbroken iphone to install the US version of LibreView. It's just insane. The UK Abbott people know nothing about anything, whilst the Dexcom people know everything about everything.

Have a Dexcom and want to view data on your smart watch - easy. Libre 3 - you have to resort to back doors and third party tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back