Libre 3 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

BettyJ

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Has anyone else had problems with their Libre 3 losing signal. I've had 3 in a row fail due to signal loss.
Abbotts have sent me replacements but that isn't the point. The whole reason I'm on the 3 is that I have Hypos overnight and need CGM. I never had this problem with the Libre2. I'm wondering if they've made it smaller, so smaller battery, so, doesn't function so well. Any Ideas??

Has anyone else had problems with their Libre 3 losing signal. I've had 3 in a row fail due to signal loss.
Abbotts have sent me replacements but that isn't the point. The whole reason I'm on the 3 is that I have Hypos overnight and need CGM. I never had this problem with the Libre2. I'm wondering if they've made it smaller, so smaller battery, so, doesn't function so well. Any Ideas??
Welcome to the forum. I hope somebody replies with some suggestions but not many people seem to have the Libre 3.

If the Libre 3 doesn't work for you
Then ask them to prescribe the Libre 2...

But more importantly, the matter of having hypos overnight obviously needs to be addressed.

[In passing I note that both the Libre 2 and 3 are going to be upgraded in the (near?) future with so-called "Plus" versions, which might solve some of the problems that users are encountering - but of course there are no guarantees...]

Last edited:
If Libre 3 doesn't work for you ask then to prescribe the Dexcom G7.

On the odd occasion that my libre loses its signal, I find scanning it usually sorts it out, but if that fails a full restart on the phone solves the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back