Libre 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

B23

6463FA80-5979-457D-BDF4-02E500BE1CF6.pngHey all I use the libre for my hypoglycaemia and my current one has 4 days to go I’m debating weather to change it or not as it’s showing me super low via the libre app but I’m calibrating on xdrip and that seems to be a bit better.
I’m just not sure if I should hold out or change it, I’ve already done 4 finger pricks today.
I’m new to this so not sure what to do

Attachments

• 5ABE8175-6DCA-4EB0-A246-02104F6170E8.png
    5ABE8175-6DCA-4EB0-A246-02104F6170E8.png
    78.5 KB · Views: 6
What are the finger pricks telling you your numbers are? If the Libre is reading like that I would phone Abbott for a replacement but you need to check the Libre readings against finger pricks first

If you have a workable solution with xDrip, why do you need to change your sensor?
I only use xDrip and have been super happy with it. Thankfully, my diabetes team trust me so do not need to see my graphs on LibreView.

If you are nervous, you could apply your new sensor on your other arm so it has bedded in when you decide to switch over.

What are the finger pricks telling you your numbers are? If the Libre is reading like that I would phone Abbott for a replacement but you need to check the Libre readings against finger pricks first
Finger prick was 4.1 libre was 2.9

If you have a workable solution with xDrip, why do you need to change your sensor?
I only use xDrip and have been super happy with it. Thankfully, my diabetes team trust me so do not need to see my graphs on LibreView.

If you are nervous, you could apply your new sensor on your other arm so it has bedded in when you decide to switch over.
It’s just showing low readings down to 2.9 when I’m not at that level so I’m having to calibrate it more than usual.
I don’t normally use the libre app I just like to scan occasionally.
I do love xdrip as it’s very convenient and accurate especially with calibration feature.

Libre are less accurate and may over report at low numbers.

I would be more concerned if it was reporting a Hypo when my levels were in the 6s.

Reactions: B23
That’s way out then. The xDrip seems to be reading more normal numbers

That’s way out then. The xDrip seems to be reading more normal numbers
I’m able to calibrate xdrip with my meter readings so I’m hoping that I can hold off changing for a couple more days I’m just concerned it’s not as reliable as before

My xdrip readings aren’t as bad as the libre app I just wondered if I should replace the sensor at this stage or not.
I would not be changing my sensor if I have a working solution with xDrip.
Furthermore, if the problem is at lower numbers, I would not take this to be a reason to replace the sensor and waste money.

Nothing you have said would lead me to change my sensor.

I’m able to calibrate xdrip with my meter readings so I’m hoping that I can hold off changing for a couple more days I’m just concerned it’s not as reliable as before
That’s good that you can calibrate xDrip with the meter readings. You only have 4 days left on that sensor so you might manage to have the Libre be accurate until the sensor ends

Reactions: B23
I would not be changing my sensor if I have a working solution with xDrip.
Furthermore, if the problem is at lower numbers, I would not take this to be a reason to replace the sensor and waste money.

Nothing you have said would lead me to change my sensor.
I’ll persevere with it in that case, I only have a few days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back