Libre 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. What problems are you having and do you use a phone or reader? If phone, which one and have you done an update recently?

Hello thanks for replying. I use a Samsung phone. I thought I had turned automatic updates off after problems I've had before.
Hi. What problems are you having and do you use a phone or reader? If phone, which one and have you done an update recently?

The alarm ! keeps showing and telling me scan so alarms are available but the ! Still shows?

Is this the loss of signal alarm or the high or low alarms? Personally I turned off the loss of signal alarm as I don't find it helpful. I do still get the loss of signal warning symbol and it takes a while to disappear after I return to ..... the reader in my case.... but I imagine phones are the same in this respect. I think despite the scan, the bluetooth signal is only sent every so often, so it won't cancel the alarm symbol until it gets the next bluetooth signal.
Do you have other bluetooth devices paired with your Samsung. I believe that they are known for not having a strong signal and if you have other devices paired with it, there isn't enough for the Libre..... I have picked this up from reading other people's comments but have no experience of this myself. I now have an iphone but I personally find the reader is far more reliable than using a phone and having to scan for a reading isn't a great inconvenience for me. What is important to me is that I have a device which is very consistently reliable and gives me data when I need it with high and low alarms.

Is anyone else having problems with the alarms again on their sensor?
The simplest answer to your question is "Yes"!
I can't get the hypo Alarm to work, and I also get the red exclamation mark.

However, the NFC transfer of data from Novopen 6 to smartphone now gives two (different from before) pairs of beeps!

Starting a new sensor has become more of a pain, requiring at least two of: Bluetooth on/off, NFC transfer from sensor to phone, and phone restart, before the graph starts appearing again (although curiously the current BG value gets shown).

Hi. I have a Samsung S20 and currently have no alarm problems. It's very important to keep updates enabled and to ensure you have the latest update from last year that now gives continuous readings every minute without scanning. I did have alarm problems before last year's update. You need Bluetooth enabled so check that is switched-on. Like others I do not use the loss of signal alarm which I find I don't need.

Hi. I have a Samsung S20 and currently have no alarm problems. It's very important to keep updates enabled and to ensure you have the latest update from last year that now gives continuous readings every minute without scanning. I did have alarm problems before last year's update. You need Bluetooth enabled so check that is switched-on. Like others I do not use the loss of signal alarm which I find I don't need.
I may be wrong but I believe Abbott and possibly Dexcom too, sent emails to their customers/users a while back suggesting people don't automatically update because of the problems their apps were experiencing with updates on different phones/operating systems.

Thanks for all your comments/advice. No low blood sugar alarm John doesn't sound good. Hope someone on here can suggest something to help.

I have my no signal turned of and always have done. My bluetooth is always on. Funnily enough the exclamation mark has vanished this morning perhaps it will behave now? We'll see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back