Libre 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellie01

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Been approved to have the Libre 2, just need to.watch the online video on how to use it. Is it pretty easy or am i going to get confused lol , will let u know how i get on x

As well as watching the online video, it would be worth enrolling on the Libre Academy which is a series of modules developed by the manufacturer Abbott Laboratories and I would also recommend you read the list of CGM limitations and quirks in the link below....

I am a technophobe dinosaur and I manage Libre absolutely fine and I love it, so I am sure you will manage fine too.

It’s really easy to apply and use. The data you get is amazing and makes life just that little better to manage. I was misdiagnosed as T2 and although put onto insulin quickly I didn’t have the education that T1s should get so the Libre has helped me enormously in getting to grips with what different foods do to me and when and how long to pre bolus.

I’m sure you’ll get on with it well and there are loads of us on this forum with real life experiences of Libre who can offer advice. One thing I would say is not to get hung up on comparing the Libre readings against fingerprick. It’s unlikely they’ll match and you’ll drive yourself mad continually comparing! I find that for the most part I can rely on the Libre and base my insulin dosing on its readings. It tends to exaggerate highs and lows, so a hypo according to the Libre may not be as bad, or even a hypo, in which case a fingerprick test may be prudent before treating.

I’m sure you’ll get on well with it and welcome the fact you can just glance at your phone to see what your BG is up to!

Just another quick question, should you get a reader with it or just use your phone ? X

You will not get a reader unless explicitly requested.
For most of us, our phone with the LibreLink app is fine.
I prefer it because I always have my phone with me and it is one less thing to lose

Just another quick question, should you get a reader with it or just use your phone ? X

It’s a matter of individual preference @kellie01 I had a reader and liked its tinyness. Reading here, some phones seem to work better than others, so if I were you, I’d see if anyone used your phone model. If, like me, you have a fairly basic phone, you might find the reader better.

Last edited:
I have purchased the pad as I'm type 2 on insulin, It has been an absolute game changer for me because of my work life etc....I just have to convince the diabetic team to put it on prescription as it's costing me 84£ a month but it's worth it I feel so much more in control,

I have used my iPhone from the very start and to be honest as I always have it with me it’s more convenient and means one less thing to take out with me. Although I still take a small kit wallet thingy with me which has a Contour Next meter (nice and small) as needed when driving in case of Libre failure or its reading not matching how I feel, along with insulin pen, needles, dextrose tablets, etc., etc. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back