Libre 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charl

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Replaced mine this morning, stayed on for 2 hrs then fell off, luckily I have another, do I contact libre and ask for a replacement as I will be short in the coming weeks, it is supplied by the NHS. Thanks

Replaced mine this morning, stayed on for 2 hrs then fell off, luckily I have another, do I contact libre and ask for a replacement as I will be short in the coming weeks, it is supplied by the NHS. Thanks
Yes. Abbott should replace it. The NHS shouldn’t pay for extra sensors when they have failed.
You can do it online, the details are at the top of their home page, or you can ring them.

I completely agree with @Robin.
If something is not fit for purpose (e.g. a Libre which falls off after 2 hours), the manufacturer should take the cost, not the NHS.

Every time I always had an issue, which I think since starting Libre, 3 years ago, has only been a few times, Abbott have always been happy to replace.

Every time I always had an issue, which I think since starting Libre, 3 years ago, has only been a few times, Abbott have always been happy to replace.
Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, we are unable to replace your product at this time. There can be multiple
reasons for this. We ask that you contact Customer Support to further discuss. You can reach us at 0800 1701177 ,
Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm and Saturdays from 9am – 5pm ( excluding bank holidays). We will make every
effort to resolve this to your satisfaction.

We will also send you a return kit for your current sensor. It has everything you'll need to ship it back to us for further
evaluation. That is there reply.

Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, we are unable to replace your product at this time. There can be multiple
reasons for this. We ask that you contact Customer Support to further discuss. You can reach us at 0800 1701177 ,
Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm and Saturdays from 9am – 5pm ( excluding bank holidays). We will make every
effort to resolve this to your satisfaction.

We will also send you a return kit for your current sensor. It has everything you'll need to ship it back to us for further
evaluation. That is there reply.
I think someone else had that response, it doesn’t mean they won’t replace it, it just means you’ll need to ring them. It seems they can only deal with some problems via the online reporting, and not others.

Hoorah, gave them a call, after giving them all the details again they have decided to replace it, except to receive it in 2 -3 days.

That’s great news well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back