Libre 2 vs Huawei smart phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobP

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I've been using the libre 2 sensor since the beginning of the year and each one has had problems "talking" to my Huawei phone. They will stop communicating with each other when they are right next to each other, or when my phone is in my trouser pocket - even if they've been in that position before with no problems - there is no pattern to it at all.

Is anyone else having similar problems with libre 2 and Huawei phones? Any remedies?

Oh, and even though the Libre app is set to over ride the phone's do not disturb setting, it doesn't - ever!

I do not currently have a Huawei phone (although previously I used a Honor phone with Libre).
I assume the problems you are referring to are the Bluetooth connection dropping as the NFC will not work with your phone in your pocket.
I find my phone can be sensitive when I have "too many" devices connected via Bluetooth. It seems to be fine with 2 devices connected, usually ok with 3 devices but randomly choses a device to drop when I connect a forth device. Could this be an issue with your phone?

Hi @helli, thanks for your reply

It shouldn't be too many blue tooth devices connected as I only have the Libre 2 connected to my phone.

With the phone in my trouser pocket I have had a low glucose warning when I've been out walking - I can't find a pattern to it at all!

My Huwaei P Smart works fine with the Libre 2 sensor although the sensor is going back as very innaccurate often 3mmols out. Sometimes it may take a few times swiping to get a reading but not a big problem really. I dont set alarms so can't comment on the problem with not overiding the do not disturb.

My Huwaei P Smart works fine with the Libre 2 sensor although the sensor is going back as very innaccurate often 3mmols out. Sometimes it may take a few times swiping to get a reading but not a big problem really. I dont set alarms so can't comment on the problem with not overiding the do not disturb.
I have a Huawei P Smart, for me it's not compatible with the Libre 2 Sensor. I kept getting 'Signal loss' coming up every time I had the phone 'open'. On the second day, I had to take the sensor off and use a 'Reader'

My Huawei suddenly became incompatible with Libre 2 after one of Abbott’s sneaky upgrades, so I got them to send me a reader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back