Libre 2 update problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donna P

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Has anyone had problems with the new update on libre 2? I keep experiencing signal loss even when my phone is close by

I had signal loss the first night when my phone was on the bedside table and I was sleeping nect to it, but since then I haven't had a problem unless I leave the phone in one room and wander into another which I guess is reasonable and something I do rather too often, but it doesn't bother me too much as all the data is stored in the sensor and downloaded when I scan. Interestingly the alarm will activate when I am in the next room (I got a low alarm this morning when the phone was on charge in the bedroom and I was in the living room, but data doesn't seem to be capable of transferring that far. Not sure if there are 2 different strengths of signal and the alarms have a stronger boost, but the data must be transferring to the phone to activate the alarm. Maybe it is just a bit hit and miss.

Has anyone had problems with the new update on libre 2? I keep experiencing signal loss even when my phone is close by
Yes, although I am unsure if it is the update or a bad batch of sensors.

After the initial problems of the app update settled everything ran smoothly. I was wearing the same sensor I had on during the update. I had to change sensor on Saturday & since then I have had constant signal loss. My setup is L2, iPhone, Shuggah & Garmin watch. Abbott advise me to change sensor, which I have done twice but it hasn't fixed it. I tried deleting connections to all Bluetooth devices, switching off BT & restarting iPhone. No luck. I changed some focus settings as advised by Abbott...no joy still. The helpline then advised they could not help me any further & would escalate to their tech team. I am still waiting for them to contact me.

At first, I suspected the issue has been created by the app update affecting the BT connection but they haven't identified it so far, or rather haven't built a fix. Now it also seems possible that I have hit a group of sensors with Bluetooth transmitters that don't work. I have noticed there are other patients in this & other forums reporting Bluetooth issues. I wish Abbott would communicate better with patients. Have you reported it to Abbott?

Best of luck

Why are you running LibreLink and Shuggah? Only one can have the BT connection. Is the BG showing correctly on Shuggah? If so, just turn off alarms on LL. Or unload Suggah and LL should pick up the connection.

I'm an android user and this is how it works on that. Just guessing about iOS.

My setup is L2, iPhone, Shuggah & Garmin watch
@barrym is correct. You can’t have a Bluetooth connection to both Libre app and Shuggah. If you have used Shuggah with a Libre sensor then the libre app will not reconnect to that sensor for the life of the sensor, at least in my experience and from what I’ve seen others find online.

I did find that deleting Shuggah app and deleting and reinstalling libre app meant the libre app then picked up the Bluetooth connection though you lose your history in the libre app.

You can’t expect the libre app to show anything other than signal loss if you’re using Shuggah though. If you want to use both you’ll need to scan in the libre app every 8 hrs

@barrym I personally didn’t find a way for Shuggah to send data to libreview, and wouldn’t have been comfortable with that as not the official algorithm, so to get data to libreview I had to scan every 8hrs in the libre app. I’ve stopped using Shuggah now and only use the official libre app plus GluRoo to get bgs from libre linkup to my watch.

@barrym @Lucyr

Like I said, my setup of L2, iPhone, Garmin watch & Shuggah have worked great for over a year. Bluetooth is designed to have multiple, simultaneous connections to a phone e.g. car, watch, AirPods, laptop etc. Shuggah is useful because it displays BG on the lock screen of my phone & slings it to my watch.

Librelink & Shuggah use the same BT data, they are not trying to compete for the signal. Since the 2.1 update to Librelink it is no longer required to scan the sensor every 8 hours to send data to Libreview.

The signal loss issue is new. There is a lot of chatter just sprouted up in various forums. It will either be a problem with the Librelink app update or the Bluetooth transmitters in a batch sensors.

My post was to reach out to @Donna P to let her know her issue isn't isolated & hope that some other users who are encountering the same issue might have be able to contribute to the discussion.

Thanks for chipping in though & best of luck.

@Mike88, So before the latest fiasco, what was giving you alarms? Shuggah or LibreLink?

My thinking is it was Shuggah and LL only received data with scans.

Certainly on android LL won't play friendly with anything else using the BT connection. With Juggluco, you had to turn off alarms on LL before it could hijack the connection. Just the once though. It wouldn't work the other way around, ie turn off Juggluco, LL wouldn't pick up BT until the next new sensor.

I logged out of Bluetooth and back in and found it doesn't lose connection as much, but I have had to do this every morning since updating

Bluetooth is designed to have multiple, simultaneous connections to a phone e.g. car, watch, AirPods, laptop etc.
Your phone can connect to multiple things at once through Bluetooth yes.

The libre sensor only connects to one thing through Bluetooth. If you want the Bluetooth to the libre app to work then stop using Shuggah. If you want the Bluetooth to work with Shuggah then don’t complain about signal loss in the official libre app just accept that you’ll need to scan every 8 hrs if you want data in the libre app.

Whilst I'm in the mood for staying the positive (see combined posts of LL update). I was previously using Gluggluco and would regularly lose signal, many times a day, rarely while at home, but continually if out for a walk. Not insurmountable, just turn BT off/on and it would reconnect within a minute. But now with LL 2.10 it has only lost signal when I have walked away from the phone for a significant amount of time, maybe 3 mins or more, but as soon as I'm back in range it connects all on its own with out stop/start BT.

I am not an Apple basher, I have a MacBook and an iPad, but it does appear that Apple do things there own way, and change stuff secretly, leading to problems for developers etc. The journey for NFC is well documented.

None of this of course excuses the shambles that was the update to 2.10 on iOS. That has been pretty poor.

A similar discussion in another forum led me to download a BLE scanner. Using this I can detect the BT signal from my sensor. It doesn't appear to be a hardware (sensor) issue, so must be an app problem. This makes sense given the spike in problems being reported emerged just after the update. This is not the only problem being mentioned in forums & by Abbott e.g. the field safety notice for Android users issued today. Looks like we will have to wait until they fix them.

I am constantly getting signal loss even when neither me or my phone have moved and it’s right beside me. I’ve switched phone and blue tooth on and off no joy. Sensors from different batches and also not as accurate as used to be have to check regularly. Sent emails to abbot but other than saying they will reply heard nothing. Loosing confidence in sensor

I am constantly getting signal loss even when neither me or my phone have moved and it’s right beside me. I’ve switched phone and blue tooth on and off no joy. Sensors from different batches and also not as accurate as used to be have to check regularly. Sent emails to abbot but other than saying they will reply heard nothing. Loosing confidence in sensor
I had this issue with my CGM (not Libre) recently.
I rebooted my phone, discovered an update waiting to be installed and things have been fine ever since.
In other words, have you tried rebooting your phone?

I had this issue with my CGM (not Libre) recently.
I rebooted my phone, discovered an update waiting to be installed and things have been fine ever since.
In other words, have you tried rebooting your phone?
Yes rebooted at least twice and blue tooth on and off. No joy

Hello yes. Still getting the issue now. Loosing signal all the time even when phone is close by. At nighttime it can be for hours and this has missed me going low. Really fed up with it. It seems to be an app issue. I contacted abbot and get the same generic response about turning Bluetooth off and on so I don’t think they are admitting there is an issue with the app. Hoping they fix it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back