Libre 2+ trivia

Bruce Stephens

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Ages ago (probably the thread has been closed) I mentioned I'd not been updating my LibreLink app because I didn't want to lose the 24 hour TIR on its home screen. (People report that goes with the upgrade that allows proper CGM use, which didn't interest me because I use Juggluco for that (mostly on my Pixel Watch).)

Anyway, I had to upgrade it to support the Libre 2+ and it turned out nothing changes in the way I was using it, including still having that TIR over the last 24 hours. So I'm still starting the sensor with the reader, then scanning with LibreLink (which I scan at least every 8 hours) which shows the TIR over the past 24h but complains it can't offer alarms or CGM unless I use it to initialise a sensor. Then I scan with Juggluco which steals the Bluetooth and gives me alarms and things. (So exactly what I was doing for Libre 2 with the previous version of LibreLink.)

Interesting. I thought the upgrade to Libre 2+ was going to allow alarms on both appliances ie the phone and the reader but thinking about it I am not sure I would like 2 alarms going off when I am hypo as it would just cause me more panic and anxiety.

No sign of me being switched to Libre 2+ yet anyway and very happy with Libre 2 which works very reliably for me, so not in any rush!

No sign of me being switched to Libre 2+ yet anyway and very happy with Libre 2 which works very reliably for me, so not in any rush!
Wasn't something I asked for. I just got a message from the practice saying they were upgrading me, and I didn't (and don't) care enough to ask them not to. I guess it'll be like the Libre 1 to Libre 2 transition: we'll all be moved, but when will depend on what local GP surgeries do and whether you specifically request a change.

The extra day is much more an irritation than a benefit (with 14 days I can choose a day which is likely to be convenient, but 15 days means the changeover will move through the week), but if it's more accurate then that's helpful.

Yes, I really don't understand extending it to 15 days. It is not a user friendly upgrade because as you say, having your changeover on a particular day of the week when it is convenient makes a lot of sense to a user.
I wondered if they had realised the batteries and adhesive were consistently lasting long enough to guarantee 15 days.

I've had my last 2 of 4 replaced by Abbott (with a couple of days to go) due to signal loss or stupid low readings (Libre 2+ that is) - shame as the 1st couple I had were brilliant compared to Libre 2 (no plus!)

Yes, I really don't understand extending it to 15 days. It is not a user friendly upgrade because as you say, having your changeover on a particular day of the week when it is convenient makes a lot of sense to a user.
I wondered if they had realised the batteries and adhesive were consistently lasting long enough to guarantee 15 days.
It was done to be compatible with Omnipod 5 - pods are designed to last 3 days, so 5 pods to one Libre2+

It was done to be compatible with Omnipod 5 - pods are designed to last 3 days, so 5 pods to one Libre2+
I was told it was for value comparison against Dexcom One+ (3 x 10 = 2 x 15) and /or some matching of budget cycles. Don’t believe either personally. I bet both could be extended, but who would that benefit?

For info, I’ve switched to One+, some 3 months now. Pretty impressed. No idea what their support telephone number is.

Back