Libre 2...ten minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charl

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
New sensor applied just under 48hrs ago, for the past 18hrs have been getting the try again in ten minutes message, has worked a few times on the off chance I have tried it and the odd signal loss message, every time that I've tried it its been in a location where it usually works, how long do people give before replacing it , or am I missing some sort of update or something, any advice appreciated.

Do you have an Android phone or an iPhone? What level of LibreLink software is on your phone? (My Android phone is at 2.10.1.10406)
Have you tried turning off Bluetooth, waiting about five seconds, turning it on again, and waiting for a few minutes?
Are you trying to touch the back of your phone to the sensor, to get NFC to transfer the data?

Finally: have you tried restarting your phone?

Yes my app is 2.10.1.10406) have updated phone, restarted it, done the same with Bluetooth but still the same.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240112_125017.jpg
    Screenshot_20240112_125017.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 3
I did read somewhere on the Abbott website that you need to try for a 2 hour period before they consider the sensor is at fault. You can quickly see the time between your Sensor Error messages by going into Help > Event Log and so are able to prove 2 hours between first and last Sensor Error messages. Hope this helps!

Seems like a dodgy sensor Charl. In my experience they happen from time to time although far less frequently than they used to. The previous responder is correct in that Abbott aren't going to take notice until the sensor has been off line for 2 hours minimum. This is easy to measure and prove by looking at the Help>Event log file and checking the time measure on the error messages. Once the 2 hour time has been reached the Customer Care team are very happy to send out a new replacement FOC. They do require the faulty one back and provide a postage paid Jiffy Bag to facilitate this - all quite easy. One observation is that the replacement sensor they provide always works flawlessly - almost like they keep the highest quality ones especially for this situation - just my opinion!!
My only other comment is this arbitrary 2 hour time. For me, being without the sensor for 2 hours is really very annoying and frustrating - shows how much I now rely on this amazing tech!

@Chari: you have done most of the things I would have done - but you don't mention trying the NFC update method. I find I have to do this occasionally when 'something' goes wrong with the Bluetooth transmission, which might be having the phone too far away from the sensor. If you try touching the relevant part of the back of the phone onto the Libre 2 sensor, and getting one buzz followed about five seconds later by a second buzz, that would show that the sensor is collecting the data. If not, get Abbott to send you a new one (to replace the spare one you have ready to put on your arm in the event of problems).

PS When my Android phone updated to v13 of the operating system, I lost those two buzzes, and they haven't returned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back