Libre 2 signal loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelH

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I use my Libre 2 with my android phone - for the last few weeks I have been getting the Signal loss alarm constantly. I have switched alarms off & on, switched phone off & on (both several times), checked all settings on phone & eventually uninstalled * reinstalled app. The problem still persists.
As long as alarms are off, I'm unable to get Low glucose alerts.
Any suggestions?

I believe it is a problem with the recent update to the Libre Link App and there are three options.
Get in touch with Abbott and tell them the problem and ask for a reader.
Uninstall the app and then reinstall the previous version before the update.... there are instructions for this on one of the other threads.
Carry on without alarms and hope that Abbott fix the problem soon.... They have been working on it for about a month. It is only affecting certain phones.

Or a 4th possibility is that you could use a third party app like Jugluco or xdrip ..... but I am a dinosaur as regards tech so someone else will need to advise you on that.

Definitely get in touch with Abbott and report the problem because the more phone calls they get, the more pressure it puts on them to sort it. There are lots of threads on the forum about this if you do a search.

Or a 4th possibility is that you could use a third party app like Jugluco or xdrip ..... but I am a dinosaur as regards tech so someone else will need to advise you on that.
A fairly simple way is to install Juggluco (it's in the App Store, so no need to mess about with side loading). Disable alarms on LibreLink and start Juggluco, scan the sensor with it, then set the alarms there. You can continue to scan with LibreLink (just make sure it's running when you scan otherwise you might be asked which app you want to use which is a bit annoying).

The interface for Juggluco is rather different but isn't that complex. Touch the left side of the screen (in landscape) and select Settings from the menu. I think it's necessary to change the units, and the alarms can also be set from there.

Its an issue with the app from the last update. I emailed Abbot yesterday asking when it will be fixed. I've had an email back today saying they are "actively looking into it and will provide an update when we have more information". With mine, i can't get any alarms at all so i shall start the next sensor with the reader but continue to email Abbott for updates. Like @rebrascora i'm a tech dinosaur so i worry about using other apps.

Thanks everyone - I had assumed it was since my last phone update - hadn't thought about app update.
I'll get onto this tomorrow

I use my Libre 2 with my android phone - for the last few weeks I have been getting the Signal loss alarm constantly. I have switched alarms off & on, switched phone off & on (both several times), checked all settings on phone & eventually uninstalled * reinstalled app. The problem still persists.
As long as alarms are off, I'm unable to get Low glucose alerts.
Any suggestions?

Signal loss alarm has been turned off since day 1 as it was damn annoying, still get alerts & have even had low alarm go off when gardening & phone being in house, only knew about alert as wife shouted out to say so.

So think signal range is more than manufacturers let on, just own opinion.

Hi. Yes it's a known problem partly due to BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy). I find if I turn BT off and then back on after a few minutes the red alarm warning disappears and any queued alarms then sound. Problem is that the 'cure' only lasts for a short while

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back