Libre 2 signal alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikki

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Put first libre 2 on yesterday and so far have had the scan again in 10 mins message several times but think I have read thet they are a bit iffy for a couple of days ,darned annoying as sensors are not cheap but at what point should I ask abbott about it.The signal alarm as well today a bit frustrating but on the plus side when its working its more accurate than the one

My experience is that the readings are iffy at the start, not the signal.
The reason for this is my body getting used to the alien object inserted in my arm which should not affect the signal.
However, my understanding is that you get the scan again in 10 minutes message when the numbers are changing rapidly or noisy. Which could be related to the body’s reaction to the filament before it gets used to it.

For this reason, I insert my sensors at least 2 days before activating them to allow the sensor and my arm time to acquaint themselves with each other.
For this time, I have my active sensor in one arm and the next one “warming up” in the other arm.
Then when I activate the new one, the values are more reliable.

I’ve been getting the signal loss a lot today when I didn’t with my last sensor and as you say it’s so annoying since they aren’t cheap. I think it’s because I have this sensor on my right arm and I keep my phone in my left pocket. Switched it to my right pocket and haven’t had the signal loss alarm for a few hours now…

I’ve been getting the signal loss a lot today when I didn’t with my last sensor and as you say it’s so annoying since they aren’t cheap. I think it’s because I have this sensor on my right arm and I keep my phone in my left pocket. Switched it to my right pocket and haven’t had the signal loss alarm for a few hours now…
That’s interesting, a couple of times I've been out for a long walk, and I know I tend to drop after about 40 minutes, so I got my Libre reader out of my right hand pocket to look at it, and as I got it out, the alarm went off, and lo and behold, I was below the threshold I’d set the alarm for. My sensor was on the opposite arm both times.

Odd isn't it, find L2 sensor is accurate from start to finish, as helli says scan again in 10 message is in response to fast changing bg levels.

Since day 2 of using L2 had signal loss alarm turned off, flaming annoying & phone still picks up signal, once alerted me to low bg even though I was in garden phone was in front room, only knew about alarm as wife told me.

I guess I will find out tomorrow about the alarms. I apply the first of my Libre 2 sensors tomorrow. I do hope it doesn't need me to go around wearing my phone 24/7. It's never far from me, but might be in the kitchen whilst I am in the sitting area (open plan house).

I guess I will find out tomorrow about the alarms. I apply the first of my Libre 2 sensors tomorrow. I do hope it doesn't need me to go around wearing my phone 24/7. It's never far from me, but might be in the kitchen whilst I am in the sitting area (open plan house).
You do need to keep your phone with you really if you want the alarms, as if the phone loses signal to your sensor, you won’t get any alarms for blood sugars until you scan again. You can turn the signal loss alarm on so that you know you won’t get alarms though.

Seems to be settling a bit today and have turned off loss of signal alarm as that goes off when I leave the room and I didnt realize it could be turned off while still recieving high and low alarms

Glad it’s settling a bit for you @vikki

Hope the Libre2 treats you well @Pattidevans 🙂

Arghhhhh... just went to put the new sensor on only to discover the (expletive) pharmacy have given me two Libre 1s. I checked the pharmacy label on the boxes when I picked them up and both labels said "1 Freestyle Libre 2 Sensor". The pharmacy labels are stuck over the front of the box so I just thought they were obscuring the 2 after Libre. I opened one unfortunately.... oh well back to the pharmacy to complain and most disappointed that it will be another 2 weeks now as I must use the one I opened.

Oh HOW annoying for you Patti!

I took them back and got abject apologies - apparently the assistant read the prescription as Libre x 2 not Libre2. They are ordering me two more, but I kept the one I opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back