Libre 2 shortage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CeE1985F

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Is anyone else having issues getting the libre 2 sensors?

Went to collect my prescription from the pharmacy on Thursday and told they didn’t have my sensors and would be in the following day. Went back on Friday, to be told would be in on Saturday. Was only able to go today and told would be in on Monday as there are manufacturing/distribution issues.

Is everyone experiencing the same?

Ooh that doesn’t sound good, I picked mine up about a week or so ago. Not very good that you have to keep going to come back empty handed. I get a text from my pharmacy telling me when my prescription is ready.

I too get a text from my pharmacy when my script is ready. It is very convenient to be able to send my request to my surgery from home. The surgery sends the approved script to the pharmacy and the only time I have to leave the house is to pick it up once the pharmacy has told me it is ready.

(OK, I leave the house for other reasons but my prescription process is very streamlined now.)

in on Monday as there are manufacturing/distribution issues.

I really wish that wasn’t Pharmacy-speak for “there weren’t any in the delivery van and we don’t know why”.

I’ve been told about ”manufacturing issues” about more than one product, and then coincidentally been able to contact the manufacturer, or actually been at an event with them a day or two later and been able to ask.

So far I am yet to have a “manufacturung issue” where I’d not first been told through official channels. Warehousing and distribution seem far more likely.

I can check with the Information Team to see if Abbott have made any announcements about shortages.

I am pretty sure someone would have mentioned a shortage on the forum if there was a problem. I am being encouraged to swap to Libre 2 from the original Libre.... but still resisting.... so I would be very surprised if Abbott are doing that if there is a shortage of Libre 2.

I would also interpret this as.... The pharmacy supplier or pharmacy ordering have made an error somewhere and prefer to put the blame on the manufacturer, rather than own up to the mistake themselves.

I know pharmacists may sometimes tell us about something having manufacturing or distribution problems when that may not be the case. However, please bear in mind the person we speak to is usually just passing on what they have been told. Pharmacists have a tough job (my local one was in tears at the start of lock down due to the abuse she was getting) so please don't make it harder - they know how important medication is to all of us.

I picked up my prescription from the pharmacy today minus my libre2 sensors.
Apparently they will be available tomorrow

I picked up my prescription from the pharmacy today minus my libre2 sensors.
Apparently they will be available tomorrow

I wonder if it is the same pharmacy franchise as the OP uses?

Is anyone else having issues getting the libre 2 sensors?

Went to collect my prescription from the pharmacy on Thursday and told they didn’t have my sensors and would be in the following day. Went back on Friday, to be told would be in on Saturday. Was only able to go today and told would be in on Monday as there are manufacturing/distribution issues.

Is everyone experiencing the same?
Not experienced this myself yet, but then I haven't ordered my repeat for a few weeks as I went away in early September for 2 weeks, so manage to get an early prescription in to ensure I had some extra to tide me over.

Can you not ask your pharmacy to text you when your prescription is ready? It would save you having to mess about going there when you don't need to.

Hi. I'm having no problems with my pharmacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back