Libre 2 Sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alleycat

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I have had yet another malfunction of a sensor. When I send these back to Abbott they never inform me what the problem was.
I always use a patch to cover the sensor and always wear a long sleeve top to protect the sensor from knocks. What are people's thoughts about clothing, should it be tight to "hold* the sensor or loose?

My thoughts on clothing is to wear what I want. This could be tight fit one day, baggy the next and sleeveless the next
Clothing should not be needed to hold a sensor in place (especially if you are also wearing an overpatch) and, unless it is so tight that it is applying pressure to the sensor, it should not affect the readings or the lifespan of a sensor.
Sensors just fail sometimes and you will be waiting a long time if you are waiting for Abbott to tell you why your specific sensor failed.

I have had yet another malfunction of a sensor. When I send these back to Abbott they never inform me what the problem was.
I always use a patch to cover the sensor and always wear a long sleeve top to protect the sensor from knocks. What are people's thoughts about clothing, should it be tight to "hold* the sensor or loose?

The sensor should just be holding itself. Regarding the feedback from Abbott. I’m sure the fault would have generated a “nonconformance report.” And the member of the workforce responsible will be dealt with swiftly. 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back