Libre 2 sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace50

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Please can anyone help I’ve been using the libre 2 sensors for about a year now and just lately I’ve been finding them just falling out of my arm, is this normal I’ve phoned the company and told them and they have been good and just replaced them, not sure why they keep falling out though, maybe they should use a stronger adhesive or something I just don’t know

I used a armband from diabeticsupply.co.uk..can't say mine tend to fall off, first one left bruises when i took it off it was that stuck on...i started off with a overpatch but i like yhe bands, they are bright and don't look medical esp with a jazzy sticker for the libre

Ah thanks for that it’s starting to drive me mad as they keep falling off will give them a go thank you

You can get cheaper ones on amazon but they arent as soft

Okay thanks I’m just having a look around now for them there are all different types

Please can anyone help I’ve been using the libre 2 sensors for about a year now and just lately I’ve been finding them just falling out of my arm, is this normal I’ve phoned the company and told them and they have been good and just replaced them, not sure why they keep falling out though, maybe they should use a stronger adhesive or something I just don’t know

Could it be sweat or suncream or something getting under the adhesive? It sounds weird that they’re suddenly not sticking having done so before.

No defo not sweat I put one on this morning cleaned my arm wiped it with alcohol wipes then applied it got out of the car and found it missing and I didn’t knock it anywhere neither, don’t use sun cream so couldn’t be that just don’t know why which means another phone call to abbots in the morning ive ordered some covers for them now to see if they help time will only tell

Very strange @Ace50 Do you wash your arm first too? I find that helps to ‘dry out’ the skin.

Very strange @Ace50 Do you wash your arm first too? I find that helps to ‘dry out’ the skin.
There were a few batches with inadequate glue a while back, weren't there? I wonder if this is another similar incident (though we have only one report, admittedly).

There were a few batches with inadequate glue a while back, weren't there? I wonder if this is another similar incident (though we have only one report, admittedly).

I didn’t know that @Bruce Stephens I’m a pretty recent Libre user. All of mine so far have stuck like limpets and I’ve done nothing special to them apart from the preparation of washing and alcohol wipes.

If it is an adhesive issue, I hope it can be rectified soon.

I didn’t know that @Bruce Stephens I’m a pretty recent Libre user. All of mine so far have stuck like limpets and I’ve done nothing special to them apart from the preparation of washing and alcohol wipes.

If it is an adhesive issue, I hope it can be rectified soon.
I found this thread where we speculated there was a bad batch so maybe it was never officially acknowledged (and maybe it wasn't a batch, as such): https://forum.diabetes.org.uk/boards/threads/libre-failures.82758/

Also this official guide on how to stick them on: https://www.freestylelibre.com.au/media/pdf-downloads/14054_Adhesion_Guide_FINAL.pdf

Can't say I have had any Libre just drop off (caught them on plenty of things), but the steps I take to ensure that they stick well and stays safe are.... I always apply before bed so that it has all night under a warm duvet for the adhesive to bond. I wash and exfoliate the skin to remove any dead skin (I have dry skin) and dry thoroughly. During the application process I hold the applicator in place for 60 seconds after the sensor engages before I try to lift it away. I find the applicator always snags and doesn't lift cleanly off the sensor so I give it that minute to adhere before I gently wriggle the applicator free. I don't understand how some people can just lift the applicator off without problems but it never comes away cleanly for me. I then give it a gentle press all round and then place my arm band over it and go to bed. My arm band stays on for 13 days and regularly gets pinged by bra straps or other clothing, horses or feed bins etc but the sensor remains safe. On the last day I swap the arm band onto the new sensor ready for it to be activated the next day and the old sensor is like a limpet to remove after I activate the new one.
I only use soap and water to wash the site since they stopped the alcohol wipes and that doesn't seem to make a difference. The arm strap has made a huge difference though for keeping my Libre safe and secure with my lifestyle.

Might be worth checking that you haven't changed your soap/shower gel perhaps to a moisturizing one and that is causing the issue. It shouldn't, especially if you use the alcohol wipe afterwards but just something to consider.

I have had a couple do it in extremely hot weather but not this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back