Libre 2 sensor position

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfpipMarathon

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Has anyone ever placed their sensor anywhere other than back of arm? If so how have your readings been accuracy wise?

I only ever used my arms for my Libre. With my current sensor I use either my arms or my abdomen. I don’t notice any differences, but my pump is doing all the fiddly adjustments for me now.

I only ever used my arms for my Libre. With my current sensor I use either my arms or my abdomen. I don’t notice any differences, but my pump is doing all the fiddly adjustments for me now.
I'm not on insulin just use Libre 2 particularly the Time in Range feature as a motivator rather than looking at individual readings. Reason I asked was Abbotts recommend back of arm/s only so if you placed it elsewhere and it failed they might not replace as it was not in the right place although I suppose they wouldn't ask just assume it was in recommended position.

I find in the summer with sleeveless tops etc the sensor is more prominent but placing it anywhere else is difficult to access especially if wearing a dress as you can't just lift your dress up to access the sensor on your abdomen in public especially if bathroom facilities are not available .

You can just scan through your dress. Having said that, I always wear mine on my arm. I don’t care if anyone sees it, and they mainly don’t notice it at all.

You can just scan through your dress. Having said that, I always wear mine on my arm. I don’t care if anyone sees it, and they mainly don’t notice it at all.
Thank you. I have just recently applied it to my arm and started it. Tbh not many have asked what it is possibly because of the advert on tv or they know someone who wears one. I use a sensor cover as extra protection. The trial one didn't fall off but since then have not took any not taking any chances especially as I am self funding and can't afford for them to fall.

I’m sure Abbott would still replace them if they did fail. I find they stick very well without a cover. All I do is obviously take care not to knock it and avoid scrubbing my Libre arm in the shower. Mine have survived swimming in a heavily chlorinated pool, numerous showers, etc I’m impressed by the adhesive on them. I once had one that was stuck so well, I could hardly remove it :D

I’m sure Abbott would still replace them if they did fail. I find they stick very well without a cover. All I do is obviously take care not to knock it and avoid scrubbing my Libre arm in the shower. Mine have survived swimming in a heavily chlorinated pool, numerous showers, etc I’m impressed by the adhesive on them. I once had one that was stuck so well, I could hardly remove it :D
Thank you. I'm sure they would. Apart from the trial one failing for which they sent a replacement quite quickly I have had 2 plus the current one and so far no issues. I found the last sensor hard to remove.

I can only assume that some that have had a failed sensor may have had one from a faulty batch.

When wearing a sleeveless dress my sensor is on show, and now I don’t care at all. Mine with a transmitter is a bit messier than the Libre but it does it’s job. I had someone wave at me who I didn’t know at all and this was in London. She then pointed to her arm bearing a sensor. A ‘club badge’.

You may be right about only replacing sensors when work on the arm.

Thank you. I have just recently applied it to my arm and started it. Tbh not many have asked what it is possibly because of the advert on tv or they know someone who wears one. I use a sensor cover as extra protection. The trial one didn't fall off but since then have not took any not taking any chances especially as I am self funding and can't afford for them to fall.
The only time I put an extra layer of sticky stuff over it is if I am doing a swim session. At £50/ week I don’t want to be losing any of these.

The only time I put an extra layer of sticky stuff over it is if I am doing a swim session. At £50/ week I don’t want to be losing any of these.
Why are you paying £50 a week for libre? Should be just under £50 for 2 weeks if self funding (think its £35 to NHS), and if it comes off early you can report to abbot for a replacement.

Why are you paying £50 a week for libre? Should be just under £50 for 2 weeks if self funding (think its £35 to NHS), and if it comes off early you can report to abbot for a replacement.
As far as I'm aware SB isn't using the Libre anymore and I think it may be Guardian sensors she is currently using xx

although I suppose they wouldn't ask just assume it was in recommended position.
They do actually ask where it is positioned when you call and report a faulty sensor

I've worn on my abdomen and thigh and they worked relatively well, you wouldn't have an issue scanning through a dress if it was placed on the abdomen, it scanned through a hoodie and thick superdry jacket perfectly fine for me xx

As far as I'm aware SB isn't using the Libre anymore and I think it may be Guardian sensors she is currently using xx
Sorry I assumed it was libre since the thread is specifically asking about libre 2

I once had one that was stuck so well, I could hardly remove it
I found the last sensor hard to remove.

A trick that works for me is to take off the FreeStyle Libre in two parts -
- first, the actual sensor (only the white plastic disc, leaving behind the adhesive bit that's between the plastic disc and my skin)
- then the adhesive bit

It's a lot easier to peel off that way, for me at least.

I also found that baby wipes work well for loosening the adhesive as I'm pulling it off and for getting goo remnants off my skin after it's been removed fully. Maybe soap and water would work just as well, but baby wipes make it easy, plus I can do it slowly while relaxing on the sofa. 😉

I use the Medtronic sensors that enable me to use my pump in a closed loop system. These sensors last 7 days.
I know that is different from Libre 2 but the idea of covering a sensor if going swimming couod be relevant whatever sensor people are using.

Has anyone ever placed their sensor anywhere other than back of arm? If so how have your readings been accuracy wise?

Find alternative sites just as accurate as arm, been using them for around 3 years thereabout to give arm a rest.

Accuracy is far better since changing to libre 2 which is what I use now, made change 2 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back