Libre 2 sensor not recognising my replacement phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradblues

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello peoples, I have changed my phone after a week of using a sensor and cant seem to get a reading out of the new phone Do I have to change the sensor for a brand new one or can I continue with the current one. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I've just tried scanning on my old phone as well as my current one and both are Ok.

Have you logged into your libre account in your new phone?

NB if you still have your old phone you can continue to use that even without a SIM.

Hello peoples, I have changed my phone after a week of using a sensor and cant seem to get a reading out of the new phone Do I have to change the sensor for a brand new one or can I continue with the current one. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Hello,
I had to do this a number of months back. Cloned my new phone. Did you log into the Libreview account? (As well as other apps.) on your new phone?

Does that mean you can't use two different phones with the same sensor consecutively

I don’t think so. You can use the reader and a phone at the same time (only one has alarms), but I don’t think you can use multiple phones simultaneously.

Having said that I haven’t used Libre for a few years, and have no experience of the new app / CGM version.

I don’t think so. You can use the reader and a phone at the same time (only one has alarms), but I don’t think you can use multiple phones simultaneously.

Having said that I haven’t used Libre for a few years, and have no experience of the new app / CGM version.
I am using my phone present but can not use the reader aswell.

It always used to be that you had to start them both within a fairly short time frame (an hour?), but that the first one that scanned the sensor was the one that would get the alarms.

Not sure if that is still the case.

That will be because you started the sensor with the phone. If you had started the sensor with the reader, then you can also use a phone with the same sensor but the reader will be the only device with alarms. I can certainly use the reader and the phone but only because I started the sensor with the reader.

@bradblues Theoretically you should be able to use two phones with a sensor ie add a second phone to the same sensor, but you will only get the alarms on the first phone I believe.
Not sure what is going wrong in this situation if that isn't working. Is the new phone compatible (ie on the Libre list) and has the LibreLink app installed OK on it? What happens when you try to scan the new phone?

I have never started with the phone before always started with reader, but I am quite liking the continuous reading on the phone. So might stick with it, and use the reader with strips

It always used to be that you had to start them both within a fairly short time frame (an hour?), but that the first one that scanned the sensor was the one that would get the alarms.

Not sure if that is still the case.
The "fairly short time frame" has gone (years ago now). You can initialise a sensor with the reader and start reading it with a phone 13 days later if you want.

Otherwise you're right: you only get alarms with the first device. Also, if you want to use both you must initialise with the reader.

The "fairly short time frame" has gone (years ago now). You can initialise a sensor with the reader and start reading it with a phone 13 days later if you want.

Otherwise you're right: you only get alarms with the first device. Also, if you want to use both you must initialise with the reader.
My understanding is that this limitation is due to the sensor‘s Bluetooth transmitter can only connect to one device. It connects to the device that starts it and any alarms will go to that device.
Does that mean, if you start with the Reader, you cannot use the sensor as a rtCGM on your phone?

Yes. (That's my understanding, anyway. I use Juggluco which is able to somehow reset the Bluetooth connection.)

I've not tried this, but if you start with the reader with alarms disabled, won't the app with alarms set then pick up both the rtCGM and alarms? I always get confused with what the reader can and can't do.

I've not tried this, but if you start with the reader with alarms disabled, won't the app with alarms set then pick up both the rtCGM and alarms?
I don't know. I doubt it or I'd expect them to have mentioned that somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back