Libre 2 Sensor Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynne888

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I know this has been discussed many times and I’ve just read through a few old threads on the subject. Had libre 2 on for 10 days. Today it’s refusing to work giving a sensor error message. I’ve left it the 10
minutes suggested about 6 times but it’s just not working. How long should I give it before assuming it’s not going to work again? It’s been over an hour so far and I don’t want to lose too much data so will replace it. Fortunately I just bought another one. Didn't want to take it off if others have found it kicks in after a few hours!

Usually the sensor will eventually tell you to "replace sensor" if it isn't able to get it's act together. Have you eaten something which might cause your levels to be particularly volatile as that is usually when I get this message..... Not very often thank goodness.
If not, have you inspected the sensor? is it starting to come loose? Have you caught it on something recently. If the sensor gets pulled and it disturbs the filament and it gets kinked then this can happen and it will eventually die. I would leave it until it tells you to replace it of at least a couple of hours anyway as some occasionally do pull themselves together, but usually that is when BG levels have been volatile and it couldn't keep up with the changes and I generally know in myself that I have caused it.
Abbott will replace it if it finishes early. I believe you can report them via an online form now as well as via telephone if you wish.

Usually the sensor will eventually tell you to "replace sensor" if it isn't able to get it's act together. Have you eaten something which might cause your levels to be particularly volatile as that is usually when I get this message..... Not very often thank goodness.
If not, have you inspected the sensor? is it starting to come loose? Have you caught it on something recently. If the sensor gets pulled and it disturbs the filament and it gets kinked then this can happen and it will eventually die. I would leave it until it tells you to replace it of at least a couple of hours anyway as some occasionally do pull themselves together, but usually that is when BG levels have been volatile and it couldn't keep up with the changes and I generally know in myself that I have caused it.
Abbott will replace it if it finishes early. I believe you can report them via an online form now as well as via telephone if you wish.
I haven’t knocked it and it’s not worked loose. It was working when I got up this morning. I haven’t eaten anything yet. I have been cleaning so whether that has caused a problem because for some odd reason my BG does go up if I’m doing stuff. I’ll wait to get the error message, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back