Libre 2 sensor covers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke633

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi all, my friend gave me them clear plaster covers for my libre sensor. They are good but only for a week then they start to come off. I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend a cover that lasts the full 2 weeks.

I have an arm band which consists of an elastic adjustable strap and a 3D printed plastic rim a bit like a watch face which fits snugly around the circumference of the sensor keeping it secure. They come in a variety of colours from skin tone through pastels to bold neons. I have had mine for over 2 years now and I really need to replace the elastic but otherwise it has worked a treat. I got it off ebay but I am sure there are similar options on Amazon or whatever other site you use.

Have you tried no cover?
Provided your arm is clean and grease free and the sensor is placed on a flat area, most people find the sensors stay put without any additional waste for landfill.

I use the Kovoq reusable white plastic disc covers held on by their circular "waterproof adhesive patches". (See Amazon, for example.)
The patch has always lasted a fortnight, even though by the end of the period it is getting a bit frayed at the edges.
I've not had any problem with daily bathal immersion!

Hi all, my friend gave me them clear plaster covers for my libre sensor. They are good but only for a week then they start to come off. I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend a cover that lasts the full 2 weeks.
Have you tried using nothing? I don’t use a cover. If it comes off early (extremely rare) I replace it and report it to Abbott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back