Libre 2 sensor abroad

Status
Not open for further replies.

cerib74

Has anyone travelled abroad while using their Libre 2 sensor and app?? Have you had any problems or did it work fine? Was thinking of buying reader incase my phone doesnt work?
Thanks Ceri

I believe that the Readers are still currently not available.

I've had no problems with overseas travel and Libre. You phone will still work with the Libre even if it can't get a signal.

Oh really that’s great to know thank you, I contacted them directly and got two different answers!? Does it use your data?

My Libres and I have done lots of travelling together. They continue to work with the app with no problems, have been unaffected by x-rays at the airport and never been questioned by security.

My Libres and I have done lots of travelling together. They continue to work with the app with no problems, have been unaffected by x-rays at the airport and never been questioned by security.
That’s great to know thank you, as there’s a shortage of the readers I may just get one as a back up!? Paranoid traveler! Has anyone had any problems through security taking insulin on in hand luggage, any advice appreciated xx

That’s great to know thank you, as there’s a shortage of the readers I may just get one as a back up!? Paranoid traveler! Has anyone had any problems through security taking insulin on in hand luggage, any advice appreciated xx
I travel regularly with insulin and never had a problem.
I do always carry a letter from my consultant in case there are any queries with the insulin, technology or needles. In nearly 20 years and 100s of flights I have needed the letter a couple of times. I continue to carry it for insurance.
I use Frio pouches to keep my insulin cool but was advised against activating it before flying as some time security can be suspicious of the gels. I just keep my insulin in my hand luggage as insulated as possible with clothes, etc.

I never tell anyone I have sharps, insulin, etc. unless explicitly asked. My medical conditions are not anyone's business.

Remember to take at least twice as much of everything than you think you will need and keep it in your hand luggage. So, take a spare Libre and take your meter and test strips too.

Last edited:
Just to be aware the Libre 2 reader is differnt to the Libre 1 reader.

Oh really that’s great to know thank you, I contacted them directly and got two different answers!? Does it use your data?
Hi,was wondering if you got any clarification as to wether it uses your data. I’m going abroad for the first time since becoming type 1. Think I’ve got everything covered but know that one of the parts of Croatia is basically a don’t use your phone place,so needed to know about the data issue.

It does not have to use your data. It will still scan if you have mobile data turned off but, if you have it turned on, it will upload to the cloud.
I would use the hotel wifi for this.

Enjoy Croatia

It does not have to use your data. It will still scan if you have mobile data turned off but, if you have it turned on, it will upload to the cloud.
I would use the hotel wifi for this.

Enjoy Croatia
Thanks Helli, much appreciated. Been to Croatia before but not as a diabetic,absolutely loved it.
Judy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back