Libre 2 scanning problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ianhat

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I had my phone stolen so had to replace it with a slightly older 1 I had the Samsung s10 but now got the s9+ but when I need to scan my libra 2 I have to restart my phone the alarms work fine any ideas please

No idea, could try disabling app then downloading it again, sometimes solves issues as it does with all apps.

Well, Samsung have now reached S21 and S22, so it may be that the OS doesn’t play with the Libre2 app. That said, Samsung have recently promised to keep up support for earlier phones for four years rather than their previous three, so you might squeeze in an upgrade to the latest OS.

Hello @Ianhat, there have been long running issues with the S9 family of phones and Libre sensors. Some claim to have fixed the problem by replacing the NFC coil in the handset (Under guarantee)

You can see S9 issues similar to yours in the attached older thread on the red forum

Last edited:
Thanks for all you replys iv done alot of googling on it iv got it sort of working lol if battery level is above 70% it works fine which isn't ideal in a day to day situation iv also read glimp or xdrip can be another app for the libre but I'm alittle warry using a 3rd party software going to put up with freestyle app for the remaining time on this sensor then go from there

Xdrip is a very good app but can be difficult to set up if you are not tecy but glimp is ok i have used it in the past and is easy to set up and you can calibrate your readings as well as xdrip and get more accurate results than librelink or the reader good luck with your next sensor .

Xdrip is a very good app but can be difficult to set up if you are not tecy but glimp is ok i have used it in the past and is easy to set up and you can calibrate your readings as well as xdrip and get more accurate results than librelink or the reader good luck with your next sensor .
Is Glimp usable with Libre 2? I used it when I got my first Miaomiao with my Libre 1 but once I migrated to xDrip, I never went back so never tried it with Libre 2.

I have been using third party apps for most of my Libre life and found them better than the official. I like that I can calibrate the readings, that I don't need to scan and that I have the latest BG reading on my locked screen. I prefer the histortical analysis better on xDrip than LibreLink. I know there is LibreVIew but I prefer to have data in one place.
My diabetes team are happy for me tp go "off piste" and trust me to manage myself but I know some teams want to see the Libre graphs which can be an issue if you are not using the official tools.

Is Glimp usable with Libre 2? I used it when I got my first Miaomiao with my Libre 1 but once I migrated to xDrip, I never went back so never tried it with Libre 2.

I have been using third party apps for most of my Libre life and found them better than the official. I like that I can calibrate the readings, that I don't need to scan and that I have the latest BG reading on my locked screen. I prefer the histortical analysis better on xDrip than LibreLink. I know there is LibreVIew but I prefer to have data in one place.
My diabetes team are happy for me tp go "off piste" and trust me to manage myself but I know some teams want to see the Libre graphs which can be an issue if you are not using the official tools.
Sorry i never thought glimp may not work with libre 2.

I think it's tragic, and to Abbott's permanent shame, that folk have to use non-standard apps to drag their Libre 2 to a level of functionality that Dexcom and others have been using for years. Even with Libre3 you still won't be able to calibrate the readings from the sensor. They claim that this is because the Libre3 is stunningly accurate. It can't be, because it's a CGM. And no matter how accurate the readings are in a steady state, like all CGMs it won't be accurate during rapid changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back