Libre 2 reader?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I'm sure this has been asked before, but how do I get a new reader compatible with the Libre 2? Do I just phone Abbott?
My surgery and pharmacy have gone into meltdown after I requested my prescription be updated to Libre 2, as Libre 1 is being withdrawn at the end of the year. The pharmacy man keeps bringing me more sensors - I now have 10! 😱 They will last until the end of March 2023! 😱

IMG_0123.JPG

I'm sure this has been asked before, but how do I get a new reader compatible with the Libre 2? Do I just phone Abbott?
My surgery and pharmacy have gone into meltdown after I requested my prescription be updated to Libre 2, as Libre 1 is being withdrawn at the end of the year. The pharmacy man keeps bringing me more sensors - I now have 10! 😱 They will last until the end of March 2023! 😱

View attachment 22775

Few quids worth there Northie my friend, was recently like that with calcium tabs pharmacy kept sending them out ended up with drawer full, told them not to send anymore as have enough to last to 2030.

Cheers Bruce, much appreciated 🙂 Don't really need the alarms, but my reader is getting on for 3 years old and needing recharging more often, so could do with a new one anyway 🙂
I have found the one for Libre2 needs recharging more frequently than the original one.

I will be interested to hear if you manage to get a Libre 2 reader Alan as I would very much like one now that I am going to have to upgrade. I was under the impression that they didn't have any readers left and were issuing a basic phone that was locked with the LibreLink app installed....
My original Libre reader is looking decidedly battered and bruised and has some chips out of the casing so concerned about how much longer it will continue to work. I am not that bothered about the alarms either but maybe it would be nice to have the option, even if only for through the day.

I was under the impression that they didn't have any readers left and were issuing a basic phone that was locked with the LibreLink app installed
When I asked for a replacement (ages ago, now) I thought the same since they'd stopped selling them. There's an easy way to find out: fill in the form and ask for a reader. (No need to send your existing reader back or anything so there's no down side. Either they send you a Libre 2 reader or say they've run out.)

When I asked for a replacement (ages ago, now) I thought the same since they'd stopped selling them. There's an easy way to find out: fill in the form and ask for a reader. (No need to send your existing reader back or anything so there's no down side. Either they send you a Libre 2 reader or say they've run out.)
Thanks Bruce for that prompt. I clearly wasn't thinking about this logically. 🙄
Just tried the link but not sure if it is working as I seem to have filled in all the relevant boxes (although technically my GP has not yet authorized the change to Libre 2, but nothing seemed to happen when I clicked the part that says to click if I understand that the Libre 2 reader will not scan Libre (1) sensors. And when I click OK after entering the serial No. that doesn't seem to work either... Looks like it may have to be a phone call.

I tried to get a Libre 2 reader ages ago when my consultant said he would upgrade me, but the Abbott call handler said that because I wasn't authorized for Libre 2 on their recordes, I couldn't get one. I guess the consultant forgot to send a letter to the GP to upgrade and then I decided that too many people were having problems with Libre 2, so I would just stick with Libre 1.... until now they are phasing it out. I really can't afford to upgrade my phone, nor do I want to as the reader really suits me and is free of the upgrade issues that many people experience with phones.

Thanks Bruce Stephens. I've just ordered a Libre 2 reader - mind you, I've written my serial no. in the box and clicked on the OK button but nothing's happened, so maybe I haven't! :confused: I guess I'll find out in 14 days...😳🙂
I had the same problem and I am pretty sure it isn't working. I tried a second time and still nothing. I am going to try ringing on Monday.

I had the same problem and I am pretty sure it isn't working. I tried a second time and still nothing. I am going to try ringing on Monday.
Either nothing'll arrive or the postie'll appear with 20 boxes containing readers - eeek!
Let us know what the lowdown is on Monday. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back