Libre 2 question about alerts

Status
Not open for further replies.

sololite

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Hi everyone,

My diabetes team just suggested I switch from Libre to Libre 2 and I asked what the benefits were.

They said that is has alerts that let you know when you are going high or low - fantastic.

They said the alert would appear on my phone when I am in the same room and this would be great for overnight lows.

I have a phone with NFC which allows me to scan the Libre sensor on my arm and have been using it for a couple of years.

My question is how can it do this if the phone isn't pressed against my sensor in the way that I have to do when taking a reading during the day? Apologies if I am being a bit thick (apologies if I am not allowed to say thick these days)

thanks for any help in this matter.

regards,

Chris

It does it through Bluetooth, you’ll need to have that enabled on your phone.

You will still need to scan to get the readings but the Libre 2 will send enough data to your phone via Bluetooth to work out if your levels are too high or too low. Then your phone can alert and you can scan to see what is going on.
There is also an alert if they lose contact.

Been alerted to low bg while in garden, not bad considering phone was in house, only knew about it as wife shouted out door.

You have to keep the Libre 2 app running in the background on your phone, to ensure you get the alerts (in the case of the iphone, when you flick out the various apps running, you don't flick the libre one)

Libre 2 is so much better than the Libre, which I never got on with, constantly red lined on me. But Libre 2 does read slightly lower than a finger prick. But what I do when I put a new sensor on, I do several finger stick tests to cage whether its 1,2 or 3 mmol's out, once I done this the only time I will take a test if I need to do a reasonable high correction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back