Libre 2 Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coanda_24

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello, apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere. I just wondered if there was a way of downloading or compiling notes added to the Libre 2 app in a summary or table? My practice nurse has given me a paper sheet to record my food diary. However it’s handy just to log this on the app rather than have to fill in a paper sheet (also I have terrible handwriting).

Thanks

FoodView is an app you can use for food diary, just take a photo of everything you eat and give the nurse the link or show her on your phone. Saves writing it all out.

Wow! Thanks - didn’t realise I could do this. A whole new world of insights has just opened up to me! Thanks again.
Glad you've now found this useful extra to wearing Libre, @Coanda_24. I did mention the existence of LibreView when we exchanged info within your other Libre 2 post and I feel slightly bad that I didn't emphasise the LibreView aspects. I'll make such remarks slightly differently next time; still learning!

I have not come across the FoodView app that @Lucyr has suggested earlier today. That also sounds like a useful resource particularly just now when you are having so much turbulence with your BG generally. I am not very knowledgeable about many of the subtle consequences of T2 and potentially very high inbuilt insulin resistance in your metabolism.

But looking back at your other thread, I'm going to stop here for this thread and put a suggestion and observation in your other thread - leaving this theead focused on your question about recording data when using Libre.

I have not come across the FoodView app that @Lucyr has suggested earlier today.
I hadn’t heard of it before using it for the weight management course either but it is good for sharing what you’re eating with medical professionals.

It's free, I can just give the dietician the link, and then instead of spending the whole appointment with me reading out over the videocall what type of things I eat, she can just literally see it. A written diary might say “chicken potatoes and veg” for tea but a photo would show is it an absolute mountain of potatoes and three lonely peas in a corner, or is it a decent portion of veg, or is it too much of everything etc. You can put comments in too if you want.

Glad you've now found this useful extra to wearing Libre, @Coanda_24. I did mention the existence of LibreView when we exchanged info within your other Libre 2 post and I feel slightly bad that I didn't emphasise the LibreView aspects. I'll make such remarks slightly differently next time; still learning!

I have not come across the FoodView app that @Lucyr has suggested earlier today. That also sounds like a useful resource particularly just now when you are having so much turbulence with your BG generally. I am not very knowledgeable about many of the subtle consequences of T2 and potentially very high inbuilt insulin resistance in your metabolism.

But looking back at your other thread, I'm going to stop here for this thread and put a suggestion and observation in your other thread - leaving this theead focused on your question about recording data when using Libre.
Thank you for the reply - no need to feel bad at all. You previously gave a really good explanation: it’s just that I’m a little overwhelmed at the moment!

I hadn’t heard of it before using it for the weight management course either but it is good for sharing what you’re eating with medical professionals.

It's free, I can just give the dietician the link, and then instead of spending the whole appointment with me reading out over the videocall what type of things I eat, she can just literally see it. A written diary might say “chicken potatoes and veg” for tea but a photo would show is it an absolute mountain of potatoes and three lonely peas in a corner, or is it a decent portion of veg, or is it too much of everything etc. You can put comments in too if you want.
This does look really interesting. I’ll look at this in some more depth. Thanks!

Hello, my current sensor is due to expire at 08:00 tomorrow. When is it best to put on the new one? Should I wait until the current one has expired, or maybe in the last hour of the current sensor? Thank you!

I’d put it on after my shower today but not activate till tomorrow

24 hours before normally works

I’d put it on after my shower today but not activate till tomorrow
Unfortunately even if this is done there seems to be no way of avoiding the one-hour period immediately after activation where the sensor is not sending data to one's smartphone...

Unfortunately even if this is done there seems to be no way of avoiding the one-hour period immediately after activation where the sensor is not sending data to one's smartphone...
I didn’t say there was. The readings are more accurate if it’s had more than an hour to bed in first.

That you for the responses. I did put on the sensor 24 hours before activation and the readings seemed consistent from the begining.

Another question! Are there any know characteristics around the effects of exercise on reading from the sensor. Recently I’ve been going for brisk walks after my main meal: at 1hr, after eating, my BG might be 7.8. Then after 30/40 mins of walking BGs will have gone down to mid 4s or even high 3s. If I check later they will have recovered to more normal (for me) ranges.

That you for the responses. I did put on the sensor 24 hours before activation and the readings seemed consistent from the begining.

Another question! Are there any know characteristics around the effects of exercise on reading from the sensor. Recently I’ve been going for brisk walks after my main meal: at 1hr, after eating, my BG might be 7.8. Then after 30/40 mins of walking BGs will have gone down to mid 4s or even high 3s. If I check later they will have recovered to more normal (for me) ranges.
The Libre has an algorithm that attempts to catch up the reading, which is from interstitial fluid, with a reading from actual blood, which you get from a finger prick. There is a time lag between the two of approximately 15 minutes. Sometimes if you have a downward trend, like you do when your blood glucose is falling because of exercise, the Libre algorithm shows the trend continuing, until it has a few more actual readings and works out that in fact, you levelled off, and this is then reflected in the graph. Those low or high peaks will have been smoothed out.

The Libre has an algorithm that attempts to catch up the reading, which is from interstitial fluid, with a reading from actual blood, which you get from a finger prick. There is a time lag between the two of approximately 15 minutes. Sometimes if you have a downward trend, like you do when your blood glucose is falling because of exercise, the Libre algorithm shows the trend continuing, until it has a few more actual readings and works out that in fact, you levelled off, and this is then reflected in the graph. Those low or high peaks will have been smoothed out.
Hello, or quite possibly glycogen released by the liver into the blood stream, (“liver dump.”) then reflecting in the interstitial fluid where the sensor probes. Reflecting in the rise after the drop? For example I can & drop cruse in the high fours. But the minute “someone holds a gun to my head.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back