Libre 2 query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jo frog

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi I'm type 1,I've just been told by my pharmacy that in a month's time the NHS will no longer be finding the Libre 2 sensors, has anyone been told this too ? I'm beginning to panic ! Help

I have not seen any mention here.Though Abbott are stopping the Libre 1, sensors next month.

Hi I'm type 1,I've just been told by my pharmacy that in a month's time the NHS will no longer be finding the Libre 2 sensors, has anyone been told this too ? I'm beginning to panic ! Help
In a months time, the original Libre will be discontinued, and everyone will need to have swapped to the Libre 2. Do you think your pharmacist has got his wires crossed a bit?

In a months time, the original Libre will be discontinued, and everyone will need to have swapped to the Libre 2. Do you think your pharmacist has got his wires crossed a bit?
I presume it's that, yes. Like lots of people, I follow Partha Kar and gbdoc on twitter and nobody's said anything more than Libre 1 being replaced by Libre 2.

I think the pharmacy are confused with the Libre 1 being stopped. There is no current plan to stop the Libre 2 at least until Libre 3 is freely available which won't be for a year or two. The pharmacy can't stop your prescription anyway.

I think the pharmacy are confused with the Libre 1 being stopped. There is no current plan to stop the Libre 2 at least until Libre 3 is freely available which won't be for a year or two. The pharmacy can't stop your

at least until Libre 3 is freely available which won't be for a year or two.

Libre 3 is available on the NHS, but currently as a different class of device, so I can’t see there will be any shift from 2 to 3 unless there’s a significant change of availability of full rtCGM. Or unless Abbott make it price-equivalent to Libre2?

Welcome to the forum @Jo frog - yes I’m sure it’s just a mix-up at your pharmacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back