Libre 2 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

shirrmontana

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hope this is under the right heading. Ok have been using the Libre 2 for 2 years now. I get 2 per month on prescription. Last month the first one fell off before it was even activated, the second one after 8 days told me the sensor had ended and to replace.

Today my next 2 arrived, within 1/2 hour if fell off, I had cleaned and dried the area as always so no reason for it to fall off. I'm in Bristol and temp has been around 22 degrees today with rain, so I wasn't hot or sweaty.

Anyone else having problems recently?

Thanks.

Not recently but have once the last 2 summers, Abbott replaced when I rang, without any problems.

Not recently but have once the last 2 summers, Abbott replaced when I rang, without any problems.
I've had them replaced before, just wondered if it was a faulty batch, they are expensive for this to keep happening aren't they

Lovely dog @shirrmontana 🙂 There was a recent thread where someone was having problems with the Libre falling off. Here:

https://forum.diabetes.org.uk/boards/threads/libre-2-sensors.101463/#post-1188842

Apparently there was an issue before. I replied on that thread and didn’t have any issues with my Libre but since then I’ve noticed the adhesive on my pump cannulas seems poorer than usual. They felt drier too somehow, which led me to wonder if the adhesive was ‘melting’ or drying out in this heat, like on old envelopes that lose their stickiness. With my pump cannulas, I moved them somewhere a little cooler and I’ve also put them on a few minutes after my shower rather than in the middle of the day. The ever so slightly damp, warmer skin seems to have helped them stick normally again.

Hi. My sensors are as a sticky as ever. You appear to be doing the right things but do you also shave the area before washing and using the alcohol wipes? We all have different skin types.

@DaveB Libre no longer come with wasteful single use wipes.
I put my sensor in after thoroughly drying myself following a shower with moisturiser free shower gel.
if I need to place a sensor and have not recently showered, I wipe my arm with surgical spirit.

I buy the wipes and always ensure I put sensors on a few hours after bath/shower, nothing has changed and this has only been happening for the last 3 months

Hi. My sensors are as a sticky as ever. You appear to be doing the right things but do you also shave the area before washing and using the alcohol wipes? We all have different skin types.

Luckily I'm a non hairy female :rofl: but yes do use the alcohol wipes.

After a 4hr drive without A/C my sensor began to lift but seemed to answer to gentle pressure, but after a few strange readings (mostly low) I decided to change it. I always wash and wipe with spirit, allowing time for any residue to evaporate. Wondered if the cause was the heat or the suncream I was using leaching into the adhesive

So out of 4, 1 sensor ended prematurely, 2 have fallen out, so far with No. 4 put in this morning (same way as always) has stayed put for now, so fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back