Libre 2 or Dexcom One ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfpipMarathon

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
This will be the last post regarding either of the above.

I'm trying to decide whether to try Libre 2 on my stomach as opposed to back of arm like before to compare. There might not be any difference or try Dexcom One on my arm as opposed to my abdomen.

Both systems have their pros and cons and if people use them that is up to them as is how they use them ie TIR to try and keep in range

I

I

@HalfpipMarathon you write about keeping an eye on TIR and the anxiety this causes.
Forgive me if I have missed it but do you use the data you get from the CGM to make adjustments to improve your TIR and, potentially, reduce your anxiety. If your numbers are "good" (whatever that means for you) due to changes you have made, I hope you would feel good. I know I do.

@HalfpipMarathon you write about keeping an eye on TIR and the anxiety this causes.
Forgive me if I have missed it but do you use the data you get from the CGM to make adjustments to improve your TIR and, potentially, reduce your anxiety. If your numbers are "good" (whatever that means for you) due to changes you have made, I hope you would feel good. I know I do.
Yes of course I do.

What will you do differently this time to reduce the anxiety?

What will you do differently this time to reduce the anxiety?
Sorry for the late reply.

Ok in order to reduce the anxiety I am going to try and remember that the readings when I choose to look are what they are at that moment in time so not to stress and it's the time in range that matters.

I find Dex (and all sensors really) gives me the most reliable and usable information on back of arms. I used to use abdomen for Medtronic sensors, but they were so much better on back of arm I just opted for that as my ‘go to’ sensor spot.

Your diabetes may vary, of course!

Whilst using the libre, it took me some time to focus on patterns rather than individual readings. You are right that any specific reading is just that at that time. initially I was very concerned about individual deviations but found that the focus on TIR was a lot more helpful.

The arrows showing direction of change of your levels can help to head off immediate highs and lows, but the overall patterns where what I found most helpful, informaing any changes to my ratios/diet/portions

Whilst using the libre, it took me some time to focus on patterns rather than individual readings. You are right that any specific reading is just that at that time. initially I was very concerned about individual deviations but found that the focus on TIR was a lot more helpful.

The arrows showing direction of change of your levels can help to head off immediate highs and lows, but the overall patterns where what I found most helpful, informaing any changes to my ratios/diet/portions
Thank you. I'm still debating whether to compare Libre 2 on the abdomen ( know it's not an officially approved site but as I have never had an issue with failing sensors or sensors falling off issues with reordering wouldn't arise) or use the Dexcom One sensor I have (need to order some more but can't until payday).

Dexcom use DPD but Libre don't and as I ordered on a Wednesday and I received the starter pack the next day Dexcom One is quicker to arrive.

As @everydayupsanddowns says, our experiences are all different.
Dexcom was considered the Gold Standard of CGMs but it was far less accurate for me than the Libre.
Unfortunately, this is a time where other people’s experience counts far less than you own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back