Libre 2 - Not being seen by Bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyBikey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
After working fine for over 22 hours (89% in range) the Bluetooth on my phone can no longer see my Libre 2. I cannot call Abbot at the moment as I am awaiting callback from GP and grocery delivery. Any thoughts? I have tried turning Bluetooth of and on, and restarting phone to no avail! :(

Fab news re Time in Range Mikey! Well done!
Is it Bluetooth or is it NFC? Bluetooth is used to send the alarms but NFC is used to scan. You might need to hold the phone very precisely and steadily over the sensor for quite a while to catch the NFC signal, so try that, but some people have had problems with the latest update frying the NFC on their Apple iphone. I seem to think you may have a Huawei though...

Any thoughts?
There is a known issue with Android 13 (that Abbott's announced). Using unsupported software (juggluco) I've noticed occasional dropouts of up to an hour or so when my phone just doesn't seem to get any readings, and in one case for most of the last day it didn't (though scanning it worked fine).

Fab news re Time in Range Mikey! Well done!
Is it Bluetooth or is it NFC? Bluetooth is used to send the alarms but NFC is used to scan. You might need to hold the phone very precisely and steadily over the sensor for quite a while to catch the NFC signal, so try that, but some people have had problems with the latest update frying the NFC on their Apple iphone. I seem to think you may have a Huawei though...

Thank you fit some useful information. I used to work with medical sensors that went from USB to Bluetiith so believed the nurse when she said it was all Bluetooth. My NFC was on but GooglePay although never used had priority. When I knocked that on the head I got a low alarm (set to 5 as DVLA limit) and a finger prick said 5. 2. As lunch was half-an-hour I had 3 JBs but got shakier and scanning worked again for 4.3. It's been up and down bit hard to focus on Google as I was waiting on call back. I could only prebook time if I went for tomorrow but I have OPA so chose to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back