Libre 2 link

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiDeDi

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Hi everyone, hope you can offer some advice on the problem I’m having with the FreeStyle Libre 2 app. I previously used the Reader rather than my iPhone, as the one time I tried using the app I received constant alerts about loss of signal - and in the process got no sleep, the alarm was constantly going off! My diabetic doctor convinced me to try again, saying that the the updated app had resolved such issues. Well it’s happening again! I’ve tried turning Bluetooth off and on again, I’ve also powered off my phone. Help!!

I just turned the "out of range" alarm off. I have always had it switched off on the reader too because it just takes the battery down and it really isn't of benefit to me. I still get high and low alarms from the next room when it is on charge, even though it says it is out of range when you look at the screen. I do still have the app on my phone and scan occasionally if the reader is on charge or something or I have the phone in my hand, but I personally much prefer the reader for ease of use. I don't feel that having real time CGM is a significant improvement for my management and the reader is nice and small and easily fits into a pocket whereas my phone is big and cumbersome to handle and tricky to pick up the NFC signal which of course it needs since I mostly use my reader, so the phone is a secondary device and therefore no rtCGM.
I would recommend you just turn off that particular alarm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back