Libre 2 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

BASSMAN62

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
This subject might have been mentioned before on other feeds? My new Libre 2 sensor patch keeps losing signal, approx: 5 times per day. I was given it last month on prescription from my docs. I'm happy with the system, with better control & more fine-tuning over my diabetes type 1. I find it more accurate than the finger-prick test, which I've done for just over 20 years now. But can't understand why it cuts out on the bluetooth mob app, as I'm well in range it should not happen. Maybe its a design fault? Anyone else having this problem?

Yes! My Libre worked fine on Android 13 but has been a nightmare since I upgraded to Android 14&. Some days it has lost connection every time I look but other days it is fine. Low alarms have never worked. I was late again for Foot Clinic today but was seen. At the end I felt a bit iffy and checked - 3.6 with a down arrow but no alarm. Only gone to upper red once and then it did! Are you on 14?

I believe the issues with Bluetooth are more likely to be at the phone end of the transmission. This could be the app or the phone.
Do you have many devices paired with your phone - sometimes I have issues when I pair another device or walk into the room with my Bluetooth speaker and my phone automatically connects. Different phones have different number of supported Bluetooth connections.
Do you have the latest version of the app installed? It maybe worth Force Closing and restarting the app. Sometimes, uninstalling and reinstalling the app helps but I am not sure if this will lose your data.
As @MikeyBikey suggests it may be an issue with the version of Android (or iOS fir iPhone) you are running.
Have you tried calling Abbott and getting their feedback on such things?

I just have the signal loss alarm switched off, it reconnects itself for me anyway

This happens to mine also. Often it loses the signal without giving lost signal beebs. Sometimes it won’t reconnect with a scan then I’ll look at my phone in 10/15 mins or so and it’s reconnected.
It is annoying but i think the gains outweigh the disadvantages.

I believe the issues with Bluetooth are more likely to be at the phone end of the transmission. This could be the app or the phone.
Do you have many devices paired with your phone - sometimes I have issues when I pair another device or walk into the room with my Bluetooth speaker and my phone automatically connects. Different phones have different number of supported Bluetooth connections.
Do you have the latest version of the app installed? It maybe worth Force Closing and restarting the app. Sometimes, uninstalling and reinstalling the app helps but I am not sure if this will lose your data.
As @MikeyBikey suggests it may be an issue with the version of Android (or iOS fir iPhone) you are running.
Have you tried calling Abbott and getting their feedback on such things?
Ah yes, have my it-tunes music playlists on in the kitchen, blue-tooth connection on mob also on PC upstairs. Could be that, does happen when I'm out as well though other blue-tooth signals interfering possibly. It's Android latest version.

Yes! My Libre worked fine on Android 13 but has been a nightmare since I upgraded to Android 14&. Some days it has lost connection every time I look but other days it is fine. Low alarms have never worked. I was late again for Foot Clinic today but was seen. At the end I felt a bit iffy and checked - 3.6 with a down arrow but no alarm. Only gone to upper red once and then it did! Are you on 14?
Exactly the same issues for me, Mikey.
Really frustrating Abbott haven't sorted software for Android 14 as yet. Having to scan every time.

The current one has lost signal quite a lot its due to be changed tomorrow a

This one was absolutely fine five days but now needs scanning every time due to Signal Loss. Think I will contact Abbot to see if they want the sensor back to look at it? It's annoying as loss of alarms and physio today drives them BGs down! (exercises emoji)

This one was absolutely fine five days but now needs scanning every time due to Signal Loss. Think I will contact Abbot to see if they want the sensor back to look at it? It's annoying as loss of alarms and physio today drives them BGs down! (exercises emoji)
I know how you feel apart from my readings being out as much as 4 it's now loosing signal 5 days in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back