Libre 2 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

isgeoff

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I’ve had Type 1 for 52 years and recently am getting really frustrated with issues with Freestyle Libre 2 retest in 10 minutes also inaccurate results in comparison to good old finger pricking am at my wits end

I get that every so often, last night for an hour in fact then it suddenly righted itself. If its not reading for more than 2 hours or the results are wildly differing from the finger prick, have you tried reporting the problem to Abbott? I've never had a problem when i've rang, they've always replaced them.

Totally agree Abbots customer service is excellent but I’ve been using Libre 1 & 2 for over 5 years life changing but recently the sensors for libre 2 are giving reading that are not as accurate as I would want and when your blood sugar is changing because of insulin or carb the sensors can’t cope when you most need them so I have to use blood to be sure of where things are going the alarms also are useful. I set my range 4 to 9.5 but on occasions I’ve had a high alarm and checked with sensor and got a reading for example of 14.2 and I am certain it’s not that based on how I feel and so I checked with blood and got a result of 8.1 My HBA1C over the last 3 years has been between 40 & 45 any replies would be much appreciated
Regards
isgeoff

@isgeoff - neither Lbre 1 or 2, is actually supposed to replace BG fingerprick testing. Interstitial fluid is not blood, Full Stop.

You may have been lucky and found it reliable in the past - I never have. Be great if it was!

I’ve had Type 1 for 52 years and recently am getting really frustrated with issues with Freestyle Libre 2 retest in 10 minutes also inaccurate results in comparison to good old finger pricking am at my wits end

Libre 3 could be out soon so keep faith, don't have to scan with it readings go straight to phone.

Odd times get 10 min message, led to believe its due to bg levels changing fast or something along those lines.

I’ve only just started using it a little over a week ago. First sensor lasted 6 days. I ripped it out taking my bag off.

I get the odd message saying it can’t scan and to retest but it seems ok so far otherwise. I think the actual sensor is just a bit bulky on the arm and so easy to pull out. The tiny ring of tape around it doesn’t seem enough to me so I’m wearing a stretchy, self adhesive bandage over it tofay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back